Chapter 15: Trust me

*Sarah's POV*

"Mom, Lyla is coming to take me to her place. She wanted to hang out. Can I go?" I asked mom, trying to be normal so that she didn't doubt anything.
"Sure sweetie. But be home before night." She said with a small smile.
"Yes mom." I smiled at her and quickly rushed upstairs to get dressed.
Actually, Lyla and I had planned that she would pick me up, then we would go to the mall and she would go and meet her boyfriend. Then, when I was done, I would give her a call and she would pick me up.

I quickly dialed Lyla's number and told her that mom had agreed to let me go out. She was excited since she hadn't met her boyfriend and for me as well. After 20 minutes, she picked me up at my doorway and it took us about 15 minutes to drive there. As she pulled up near the entrance of the mall, she said to me,
"Try to work things out, Sarah. I can see how deeply you are attached to him. Just sort everything out and keep your calm." I nodded at her with a small smile, said bye, and got off the car. I was nervous! I looked at my watch and it said 10.55 a.m. I had 5 minutes to be on time. I quickly made my way to the coffee shop, as I had received a message from Aaron earlier that he was already there.

I opened the door of the coffee shop and saw only a few couples there. That was great! I scanned the place until my eyes met his. All of a sudden, all the feelings I had for him came back. He was wearing a black long-sleeve t-shirt with a pair of black jeans and black sneakers. 'Damn! That was attractive.' I smiled and made my way toward him. He was about to kiss my cheeks but I stepped back and gave him a side hug instead. I could see the disappointment on his face but if I allowed him to kiss my cheeks, I would lose myself in it.

There was an awkward silence between us. I didn't know what to say at first and I could see him struggling as well. But he started off and kept on ranting. When I asked him about me being his next target, his face color had drained and he looked shocked at my words. He denied that I was his target and said that he genuinely liked me. I had a feeling I should believe that but I didn't know. Hearing his side of the story, I was surprised, especially when he told me that Mary wasn't in any trouble at all. She was happy over there. Then why did Elena lie like that? Why did she blame me for so many things that did not even happen to Mary? I restrained myself from telling him whatever happened, what Elena said to me, and all these blames because, now that I realize it, it was all biased.
"Wait, now I realize that Elena purposely waited for Mary and Zac to go, then she started her stunt. It was all her plan to not tell me anything in front of them because she knew she would be proven wrong.
What have I done to her to deserve such hatred from her? I love her like a mother, then why?"

'I need you, Sarah. Please trust me..' he said in a low and innocent voice, which touched me a lot and now that I knew that he didn't do anything, I couldn't stay mad at him. Yes, his playboy image did hurt me but he said it was all in his past. I guessed I could move on from that. He told me how much he missed me and how his days had gone by. I felt terrible for behaving like that to him. But I wasn't any less than him, and I didn't tell him about mine; I stayed quiet. I thought everyone deserved a second chance. So not giving him another chance wouldn't be fair since he has proven all the wrongs and rights. But then, this would result in breaking the promise I made to my parents. Thinking about that made me a little scared, but then, let's see what would happen next!

*Aaron's POV*

It has been 3 days since Sarah and I figured everything out and started talking as well. But she was keeping things secret so that no one got to know about us again. At least not for now! We would talk on the phone at night. Things have started getting back to normal and it was feeling amazing. It felt better to wake up now without any stress and have my smile back on my face. Even at work, I was able to concentrate more. We met daily for lunch without anyone noticing. We didn't go to the café anymore but instead we went to another one, which was a little further down the street and there weren't many people coming by. It was more of a relief atmosphere. She started trusting me again and this time I had to win her trust. We would talk about everything, joke around, and tease each other; it was fun. But since all these things happened, I noticed that she was here with me but she had also distanced herself a bit from me. She had restrained herself. She would choose her words carefully before saying anything. I knew that the topic of having a playboy image might disturb her now and then, but she tried to shrug it off. Even when she pretended to hide it, I could see how much this affected her. If I could change my past for her, I would definitely do it. But I wanted her to take as much time as she wanted to trust me again. I wanted her to open up to me again so that she could say whatever she had in mind without restraining anything. And I also wanted her to feel comfortable with me again and not think that I was taking advantage of her or something like that. I was fine with anything as long as she was with me.