Chapter 3: Dumbfounded

*Aaron's POV*

"Come 'on, guys, wake up. My wedding is in 3 hours and for hell, I don't want to miss it because of you. Wake your asses up." Zac yelled while going to the shower. Ouch, My head hurts. I'm never going to drink that much again but yesterday's night was fun. Celebrating Zac's bachelor party was damn fun with those hot chicks shaking their booties around. The bride's squad was also there, partying, but we best men decided to celebrate it properly away from them and Zac also agreed as it was his last night of bachelorhood. There were Zac and his three brothers: Troy, Marcus, and Alex, and then my elder brother Nigel and me. Our six brothers' squad was the best.

I woke up and went straight to the kitchen to take two Advil in order to stop this headache and this hangover. We were currently staying in an apartment near the hotel where Zac and Mary are going to get married, while Mary and her family were staying in the hotel itself. I looked up when I heard Zac screaming at the boys to get up. Zac was my elder cousin and I was the youngest among them. We all grew up together, as we lived nearby. We were not all brothers by blood but surely by heart. Zac's mom and my mom were sisters so it can be said that we were of the same family blood. I still couldn't believe that Zac was getting married already; we grew up so fast. But I was glad he found Mary, a sweet and reserved type of girl who definitely suited my brother. I made black coffee for everyone to sober up a little bit more since we were the best men and we needed to look fresh and well groomed.

It was quarter-five when we reached the hotel and went straight to the beach. Everything was beautifully decorated in white. There were families from both sides who were already seated, waiting for the ceremony to begin. We took our place behind the groom, and we were teasing Zac by saying this was the time to run if he wasn't ready to be committed. He cursed us, as he was already nervous, and we burst into laughter. We heard that the bride was coming, and we stood up and took in the view. As we all know, before the bride made her first appearance, the bridesmaids and the maid of honor would walk down first. I seriously didn't get it why other girls had to walk first, as if it was a practice for them or something.

But all of these thoughts flew away when suddenly my attention drew towards a lady in a red wine gown. She was the first bridesmaid walking down the aisle. Words were not enough to describe the exquisite beauty right in front of my eyes. Divine! I had seen loads of women but this time the beauty in front of me really caught my breath. Her fair skin seemed so delicate, just like porcelain. Her thick black hair was pinned in a classical chignon. Her full lips were painted in crimson red lipstick, which I felt the urge to remove. Oh, hell, what was I thinking? Despite not being able to see her eyes properly, I was sure she got those eyes into which I could drown myself. Her face was covered with makeup, simple yet beautiful. I wanted to see her eyes. I was sure I would completely get lost in those orbs. She was beyond perfect. Instantly, I had a feeling to make her mine. I knew this was crazy, but I didn't know why I felt the need to pursue her. I wanted that woman. I was determined to make her mine. It was now or never. I wanted to know her, her flaws, her happiness, her pleasure, and her heart. This was not so me but really, I didn't know what this mystery lady did to me.

She went and stood in her place, followed by another bridesmaid in the same red wine dress and the maid of honor. Music was being played when Mary was walking down the aisle, but my eyes remained glued to that one doll face who was looking at Mary smilingly. That smile was breathtaking and so beautiful; for sure, her smile could kill thousands of boys. Now why did I feel jealous just by thinking about her with another man? 'Aaron, you need to get a grip, man', I mentally noted! Hell, everything about her was gorgeous. I wonder what this beauty's name was.
I jerked out of my thoughts when I heard everyone clapping as Zac and Mary sealed their marriage with a kiss. Everyone was now dispersing to go where the reception was being held. I stayed back with the guys for a while and watched the bridesmaids' taking photos. I was so mesmerized by this beautiful, mysterious lady. I really want to know her, but I knew I didn't have the courage to go and talk to her. 'What should I do? How will I know her name? Whatever happens, I need to at least know her name but how?'

We headed towards the reception; dinner was being served. I sat down with the guys, and we had dinner and were chatting when the music started playing. Zac and Mary danced to a romantic song and then every other couple started to join them on the dance floor. I was watching them when my eyes suddenly stopped on that beautiful lady who was dancing with a guy who I wished was me. 'Wait a sec, what was I thinking? Get a hold of yourself, Aaron.'

I snapped out of my stare when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw my cousin, Alina Brown.
"What's with that staring brother?" She asked. Obviously, she saw me staring at her. I guess everyone noticed me staring at that girl.
"Nothing. It's just that she's beautiful." I replied.
She smirked at me as if she could read me. She started to talk to the guys when an idea formed in my head. I smirked to myself. 'Yes, I got it!'

"What's taking so long, dude?" I asked Alex while pacing back and forth. I don't know why I was so nervous like that. I knew I was a bad guy and all, but I do respect women. Never before was I that shy about asking a girl's name.
"Relax, bro; Alina must be on her way back. Be patient. I never really saw you this nervous, only to ask a girl's name. What's wrong with you all of a sudden?" He replied. His question made me realize what's really wrong with me. 'Seriously, what the hell?'
"I don't know". I replied to him, which made him chuckle.
"Aaron?" I turned around and saw Alina making her way towards us. My nervousness started to creep up again to know her answer.
She smiled, came to me, and spoke.
"Sarah Willson." I smiled. I liked the way her name was rolling on my tongue. Finally, I got to know her name—a beautiful name for a beautiful lady.
"She's so sweet and kind. I already liked her for my brother." She spoke. I felt my cheeks start to burn.
Am I blushing? Gosh! I really need to get a grip now.
I thanked Alina as she left and went towards my parents, who were about to leave. I told them that I would drop them home, but I was disappointed as I couldn't see Sarah one last time.
I got in the car and drove off.

I got to my room and threw my jacket on the couch. I sat on the bed, started unlacing my shoes and went to the shower. I came back and plopped directly on my bed. Gosh, that woman was haunting me. I couldn't get her off my mind. I was smiling like a fool. "Sarah Willson, I've got a serious crush on you and I'm not letting you go anytime soon." I thought as I fell asleep.
This was going to be interesting.