you get in an accident

It after midnight and Leigh-Anne was pacing around the living room.

You were supposed to be home from work two hours ago and every time Leigh-Anne calls you there's no answer. She's sent you a few texts, just asking for you to at least let her know you were safe.

But with every minute that went by without any response from you was only making her worry more.

But suddenly, her phone was ringing. She answered it and pressed it against her, letting out a relieved sigh as she did so.

"Y/n I'm so happy you called-"

"Is this Leigh-Anne?"

It wasn't your voice greeting her. Her heart dropped, breath hitching in her throat as a sick feeling washed over her. "Uh, yeah. Who is this?" She asked as she nervously nibbled on her nails. "I'm a nurse. Your girlfriend was in an accident and she's in the hospital right now."

Leigh-Anne grabbed her keys before running out the door and rushing straight to the car. "I"m on my way!" She said as she started the engine and drove straight to the hospital. She was thankful it was late, there weren't very many people on the road and it allowed her to go a little faster to get to you sooner.

She pulled into a parking spot and rushed inside. "Can you please tell me if my girlfriend is okay? Her name is y/n and she was admitted here-"

The nurse at the desk shook her head. "I'm sorry I'm not allowed to give out that information. Just take a seat, the doctor will be out to speak to you as soon as possible."

Leigh-Anne frustratingly pulled at her hair. She wanted to yell about how badly she needed to see you, how she needed to know that you were at the very least okay. But she knew that would get her nowhere.

So, with a sad sigh, she took a seat in the empty waiting room. She grabbed herself a cup of water to wet her dry throat and calm herself down.

What felt like hours later a doctor was approaching her. "Leigh-Anne?"

She stood up and tucked her hands in her back pocket nervously. "Yeah, that's me! Is y/n okay?"

The doctor nodded his head and she let out a huge breath of relief. "She's got some whiplash, a broken rib, and her knee was broken, but she's gonna be just fine." Leigh-Anne wiped away a tear from her eye. She was feeling a rush of emotions all at once; it broke her heart to know you had been so hurt, but at the same time she was so thankful you were okay, that you were alive.

"Can I see her?"

Again, the doctor nodded. "Absolutely. She's awake and asking for you."

Leigh-Anne's face broke into a smile as she followed the doctor down the seemingly never-ending hallway until they finally reached your room. The door opened and she saw you laying in the hospital bed. You turned your head at the sound of the door opening and when you saw Leigh-Anne you held your hand out for her.

She was by your side in a heartbeat. She kissed across the cuts on your forehead, noticing the stitches along your skin. "I'm so happy you're alright. You had me worried sick."

You sniffled as she intertwined your hand with hers and gave it a squeeze. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine, baby. I'm just happy you're okay." She smiled at you despite the tears blurring her vision. She leaned down and kissed your head a few times. "You're so strong," she said as she brushed a strand of hair away from your face.

She could see the tired look in your eyes. "You can sleep if you want to, baby. I'm here with you now and I'm not gonna go anywhere." She promised as she kissed your hand.

With a weak smile, you leaned your head back against the pillow and closed your eyes, feeling grateful that everything was gonna be alright.