you're in little mix and have a panic attack backstage (requested)

You could hear the screams from backstage.

The fans in attendance are beyond excited for the show tonight, as are the four of you.

It's been so long since you've had the opportunity to go on stage and perform with your three best friends. It feels so surreal to be able to be back on stage, where you can live out your dreams and make every fan that came to the show tonight as happy as they make you.

"Big show tonight." A crew member said as they passed by. "Good luck out there."

You thanked them and looked around the dressing room. The girls are all around, joking and laughing together as you all excitedly finish preparing for the show. You only have a few minutes left before it's showtime and you're suddenly starting to feel the pressure.

You looked in the mirror once more, wanting to be sure that your outfit was perfect.

"You seem awfully quiet," Leigh-Anne said, playfully elbowing you as she fixed her makeup one last time. "Are you feeling okay?"

You took a shaky breath in, exhaling just the same as your heart began to pound. You looked between her and Perrie and Jade, trying to escape the worries you're suddenly feeling.

"Y/N?' Leigh-Anne softly spoke as she placed her hand on your shoulder, noticing that something wasn't right.

Jade and Perrie had looked over at you and Leigh and went wide-eyed as they realized what was happening.

You slowly sat down on the floor, struggling to breathe as your mind raced.

"She's having a panic attack," Perrie said as she and Jade came closer, all three of your best friends now surrounding you as you struggled to breathe.

"It's okay, y/n. We're here with you." Jade assured.

"I'm scared." You confessed. "I don't want to mess up."

You closed your eyes tightly and tried to catch your breath but it seemed impossible to as your heart hammered against your chest and your mind continued to wander, different worries and fears ll filling your head.

But messing up and letting the girls or the fans down is easily one of your biggest fears, if not your biggest of all. 

It happens to all performers at one time or another. 

Messing up happens. 

Mistakes happen. 

It's perfectly normal.

But it's the first show in so long and you've prepared so hard, harder than ever before. You fear that you'll mess up and somehow let them or the fans down.

"I don't want to let anyone down."

"Oh, y/n," Leigh-Anne said as she rubbed your shoulder comfortingly. "It's okay. If you mess up, you just go on. It happens and it's not a big deal. We don't judge each other for that and you know you could never let us down."

"Y/N, don't be afraid. This is your passion and those fans out there love you no matter what. They love all four of us. It's okay if you mess up, no one will hold it against you." Perrie spoke and squeezed your knee comfortingly.

"Yeah, and if they do, then they're not real fans. Don't forget that." Jade said, sending you a smile.

"Every worry running through your brain isn't going to happen, we promise. We're safe, the fans are safe, and everything will run smoothly, as always." Leigh-Anne promised. "Everything will be okay, just try to breathe and focus on us."

The crew member was about to tell you all it was time to go on stage but Jade had heard his footsteps approaching and held her finger up, wordlessly telling him that you all needed another minute.

"We're in this together, y/n. Don't be afraid. We've dreamt of this moment and nothing bad will happen during it. We've got each other every step of the way." Leigh-Anne continued to soothe. "I've got you."

You took a few deep breaths, breathing with them as they coaxed you through your panic attack.

"Are you okay? Feeling any better?" Leigh-Anne asked a moment later, her hand now wrapped in yours as your heart began to beat as normal again and you began to breathe as you normally would.

"Good job, y/n. It's okay now, everything will be alright." Leigh-Anne encouraged.

"Are you ready now?" Jade asked. "We've got so many mixers out there, waiting to see us. Whenever you're ready."

You took a deep breath before nodding your head and getting up.

"I'm ready."

The girls excitedly squealed and then hugged you tightly, all four of you ready to embark on this new exciting journey; the first of many shows as you tour around the world again, ready to live out your dreams together.