Chapter 18

I caught a flower

and it turned to dust

I watch the hour

as the day starts to rust

Sweet melody

Apple tree

Your my sweet, sweet honey bee

- Derek Mancha

Yasmine's POV

"She lives with the paw print!" I heard a female voice say.

"You idiot! Nobody has seen a hybrid in thousands of years. She can't be one." Another male voice spoke up.

"Oww." I mumbled.

"Shut up, Damon. She's awake!" I heard the female voice say again.

My eyes fluttered open to see a red velvet wall. I sat up on the bed I was on and looked around me. I was in a very fancy room. The walls were red velvet and the lighting in the room was very bright. I looked around and I instantly knew I was in Bruce's so called 'palace'.

"No! No, get me out of here! Noah was supposed to be here by now!" I screamed out at no one in particular.

"Sshh, the 7th queen of King Bruce. You'll only make matters worse." The female said.

She was around my height but older than me by the looks of the light wrinkles around her eyes and mouth. She must've smiled a lot. Her hair was red and it was in a bun. She was in a nurse's uniform. What really got to me was her eyes. They were light blue with flicks of yellow in them.

"I am Zefora, your hand maid and main nurse." Zefora said with a small smile.

"And he's Damon." Zefora said while pointing to the boy on the left side of the bed.

He had light brown eyes. He had dark, brown hair with gold highlights in it and he was quite tall, probably around 6'3 or 6'5. He had muscles and all but he wasn't very buff.

"Yep, what she said," Damon said.

"Look I know the both of you are working with Bruce and what not, but please I'm begging you to let me go." I begged.

I was about to get up, but I couldn't. My arms and legs were tied to the bed.

:"We are sorry the 7th wife of-" Zefora began but I quickly cut her off.

"Don't say that! I am not the 7th wife of shit, so stop! My name is Yasmine. So go to damn hell with that shit!" I growled.

"Well, Bruce's got a feisty one." Damon chuckled.

"I don't fucking belong to Bruce! My real mate is Noah!" I yelled in agitation.

Damon and Zefora's eyes went wide and they gaped at me.

"Noah as in Alpha Noah Harris?" Zefora asked, her eyes still wide.

"Yes." I replied, curious as to why they were acting this way.

"He's one of the most powerful Alpha's in the world." Damon said.

I saw a hint of fear in his eyes but it was quickly masked.

"Look Yasmine, we have families and friends that we care about. If we fail Bruce, then our families are as good as dead." Damon said sternly.

"Why am I here anyways?" I asked.

"As you might already know, your parents are in an agreement with Bruce." Damon said.

Thanks for fucking reminding me.