Bonus Chapter

Alternate title: Confession

I did study hard, but every other students here might've done all the same. I heard that the scores are up on the walls. So, here I go. Linking my arm with Cashey, we slips through the hoard of students who were curious with their own score as well.

When we find our class's score, we search for our names. Of course, who else. Should I look from the bottom so that I won't be as disappointed? Gosh. But my score shouldn't have been that bad, right? Hence I look from the middle, which is 55 and went right up. Loving to read, I skim fast. And shit, it's almost 30 and I still can't find my name. Screw me.

"Nora! You're awesome. Your name is on the 9th."

"Huh?" I go up to the number that she mentioned. There, Elenora Taylor. I suppose no one else go by that exact same name so.. That's cool.

So I'm 9th, Jeanne is on the top 3. She's crazy. Cashey is on the 58, well, I missed it when going from 55. She doesn't really love to study anyway. I mean, her score isn't that bad either, for someone who prefers to go to the nail salon during final exam time.

"Let's check on Nancy's and Dean." Now, she blushes a deep shade of red in between the crowds. I chuckle and follows her.

And shit. What the hell. Just as we've reached their class's score. That name just caught my eyes in split second. Vincent Sylvester. He's on second? Like as in 2. My jaw definitely drops right to the floor. I know he's such a smartass but holy mother!

Even Dean is on 6th and Nancy is on 36. Really, Nancy is definitely smart as well. Guess what. She went to the nail salon with Cashey. As for Gladys, she's on the 17th of her class.

As I return to my locker, I meet my neighbour.

"Hazel!" Yeah, as in locker neighbour.

"What?"

"How dare you lied to me."

"What do you mean?"

"You said you didn't study. You actually did, right?"

"As far as I can remember, I told you I studied. Except if you do not consider an hour per day as studying."

"Oh, yeah you surely did. But yes, an hour for final exam? That is not in any way studying, either. To be honest."

"Why the ruckus though?"

"Err.. You haven't seen your score?"

"No. Not exactly interested."

"But you're second. Like seriously. Second out of a hundred and so on students?"

"Thanks for your information." He simply shrugs like it's nothing. "I am more excited about my match that is coming up though. You want to come?"

"What match?"

"An amateur MMA fight. It's the day after tomorrow."

"Shoot. Is there gonna be a disaster?" I shiver.

"No," he flicks. Okay, forgot about that. "Not that movie. What should I say then, this Sunday?"

"Sunday?" What do I have on Sunday..

"I believe I still have my last wish. I'll use it then." Right, his five wishes. It seems neverending, huh?

"If I were you, I won't use it just for an appearance." At this his eyebrows furrows.

"You want something more?" He takes a step closer and closer until I'm trapped in between his arms. My own locker has to be the living non-living witness. Poor locker.