9

As much as I love my Tuesday, Tuesday hates me. I don't know what I did wrong, yet here I am, having another fit of sprinting to school on a sunny morning. Definitely a way to speed up my knees smooth recovery. Sarcasm noted, please.

The view of the gate and brick wall comes in my sight. The security guy is already three-quarter closing the access to get in school. That slightest bit of chance then evaporates when somebody yank me, pulling me farther away from the gate.

"N-no. I still can get in! I can do it!" My eyes still focused on the gap available to squeeze in. As the lock clicks, I finally turn my head to the destroyer. "Tuesday is just our day, isn't it, gentleman?" I say in between my ruthless panting as he comes to a halt.

"I discover a better spot." It's somewhere along the side of the school. He takes my backpack and throw it over the wall casually as if it's a basic routine.

"THAT'S MINE!" I stare at him in total bewilderment.

"Does that still hurts?" He scans my mummified knees, behaving completely normal.

"Not really. Now what are you going to do?"

"Helping a friend to get in school." He kneels in front of me just like the other day, literally last week to be exact.

"Umm.. You sure there isn't any teacher waiting?"

"Just get on and we'll figure out the situation." So I hop on and he rises. A sort of dejavu fills my head as I sit above the cement topping the bricks. But guess the twist turn of event, he leaves me hanging up there.

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" I shriek.

"Well, it's been a hectic week so I left something at home. I need to get it."

"And what is it?" I look around, trying to figure out, as he said. And damn it, it's an open space below me. I can see the grass of the football field swaying, ready for my necrosis. I can't help it that I didn't realize where we've stopped. I'm not a geographical person.

"An eye and a tooth." He mock salutes and walks away.

"Spy! I knew it's going to be a bad day." I grumble. Hands up, I have no freakin' idea what the hell am I supposed to do or even think as of now.

In the end I jump to my bag, I somehow do land rather smoothly, but only to get arrested by a teacher passing by simultaneously. 'A tangle of confusion' isn't even enough to express my wild mind.

~~

At last I experience it, going to detention early in the morning. Unexpectedly, I meet Ritchie there.

"Hey, Nora." He smiles at me.

"Oh, hey. Should I be glad to meet you here?" I grin.

"Maybe." He grins as well. "I'm glad there's someone to chat with for the next hour."

I glance at the teacher in front, he's pretty much engrossed in his book. As if he knows what I'm thinking. "Nah, don't mind him. He won't mind us a single bit as long as we don't make a big fuss or a prisonbreak." I guess I'm really an open book.

"Well, absolutely prison-like. At least in the movies." I shrugg. He chuckles.

"So, tell me why you're here." He asks.

"I made a grave mistake in the past and the boomerang returns today."

"What do you mean?" He laughs, curiosity never leaves in his body language. Because he's got nothing else to do, I bet this is the most entertaining activity and he ain't letting it go. Quite mutual to me.