11

Another morning at school. Dean has been ignoring me ever since yesterday's morning. Is he mad because I was accusing him of stealing my chocolate? I mean what else was he attempting to do. Not that I mind being away from him. Maybe that was the angel's doing, but I don't really want to be enemy with anybody, even if it's satan himself. I'd rather have it on the equlibrium with anyone, right on zero, not minus nor plus. Vincent didn't come to school either the previous day. Did he overslept?

As much as I'm not that fond with any of them, lone and boredom begin to creep themselves onto me. I have no one to annoy and it's annoying. I'm going to kill them both if they are in this together though.

I see the girls together on the first floor. Well, at least I have them. A spectacular event seems to occupy everyone's mind today. People are grouping themselves, discussing what to wear there. I suppose it's a party.

"What's the special occasion?" I ask the girls.

"Halloween's coming up, ya know." Jeanne answers.

"Is the school celebrating?"

"Yep. But we don't care about that, the after party is the special one." Cashey winks.

"It's on my boyfriend's house. You better come, Nora!" Nancy informs proudly, smiling widely from ear to ear.

"Sure!" I agree. Lucy has been asking me about it several times already anyway.

"Oh, and we're going to assist for decoration on the night before and on the big day. Are you joining us, Nora?" Gladys asks.

"I can lend a few hours, but I think I'm gonna be late. Just inform me the place and time." I still have work afterall. I bet it'll be crowder too there, considering it's the whole world's event.

"No worries, honey. Thanks for even helping." Nancy acts as the co-host of the party.

"My pleasure." I curtsy. Apparently Matthew has been the best host so far for the last two year, so they decide to hold the event annually there until he graduates. Not that I know in what terms, got no comparison, it'll be my first there.

The bell rings, we all scatter to our assigned class. Mine is geometry. I'm glad at the sight of the familiar black hoodie but my grin falters as the last person attending comes closer in sight. His previous scars have just healed and yet he's already covered in another one, worse. Blackening bruises near his eye and jawline, I bet there are further beneath the hoodie.

Keeping my gaze at him, he finally turns his attention to me. I mouth a 'what happpens?' to him. His absentminded state looks as if he is possesed to me. His eyes shows nothing, more than ever. He blankly stares at me for several more second before looking away. Well, absolutely not surprised at the latter. Though the first one leaves me in a similar daze throughout the lesson occasionally.

As soon as Mr. Ridge pass the door, I ninja my way to Vincent since I've packed my belongings sooner earlier.

"Where have you been yesterday?" I grab his arm.

"Nowhere." He thrusts it away, wincing a little.

"Oh, sorry, it wasn't on purpo-" I try to apologize when he cuts it.

"I still have four requests. I'll use it."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Ignore me."

"What?" Quite baffled.

"Don't mind me or I'll take you to the fifth floor." He slings his bag, ready to go.

"No, you won't!" I eye him warily. Have I told you guys? Fifth floor is the forbidden place. You step your foot in there even for a second and you're expelled unhonourably. They say two students once took the warning for granted and get their consequences for real. Only the security guarding the place and the janitor have ever been there. No one has an idea on what's behind the door.