10

I twist and turn, left and right, rotate and revolve, yet still can't sleep. Picking up my phone on the side table of the bed, I glance at the time. It's 1:43. Well, love you too, if you get it.

The previous night glass of caffeine left me lingering on my bed alive till now. Apparently my dearest neighbour had tricked me into drinking a shot of espresso. He said it was black water mixed with clear coffee. Knowing that they exist, I trust him, that dodgy guy. Yep, absolutely not his fault for misusing science, simply my fault for loving to experiment.

Standing up from bed, I walk straight to the window and push away the curtain. Obviously, it's black and silence. I press call on the number and see a little amount of light lit up somewhere on the room across mine, of course from my call. It takes awhile before the assailant picks up.

"If this ain't an emergency call, I'm hanging up." He mumbles through the phone.

"Indeed, an emergency."

"Wait, who's this?" His voice fades into a distant before it returns. "Oh. Can't sleep?"

"Nope, I sleep well, too well that I wake up early, feeling refreshed and excited for the day. Yay." I cheer in a flat tone. He chuckles hoarsely.

"So you need a friend to stay up all night with you?"

"Nope. Just informing, making sure the assailant has the tiniest pang of guilt for his victim."

"I don't feel any, though."

"Heartless jerk."

"Since I've received the information, what should I do?"

"Die."

"Okay, I'll die then." He hangs up. HE hangs up on me. Yeah, die as in his phone call. Great.

I search my contact for another victim. Lucy? She won't even notice if a tornado swirls or a tsunami drowns her house when she's sleeping. I call Cashey, no answer. Jeanne? Can't even connect. She's the type of person that would turns off her phone at night, not surprise. Hence I call Vincent, my forever last resorts.

"Hello?" He answers.

"It's me, Nora."

"I know. Tell me it isn't math."

"Nope."

"Other subjects?"

"No."

"Good start. Now what?"

"I'm bored."

"It's almost 2 A.M though?"

"I know right."

"I'll pick you up then."

"Oka-WHAT?" I hiss to the phone.

"Be ready in 10 mins, casual wear." He ends the call.

What the hell did just happen?

To Vincent: Are you serious?

From Vincent: Yes.

To Vincent: By ready, are we going to venture out?

From Vincent: Yes.

To Vincent: I mean you won't barge into my room but I'll have to go out, huh?

From Vincent: Yes.

To Vincent: Tell me this isn't a robot replying my texts.

From Vincent: No.

To Vincent: Okay.

I turn my phone's flashlight, changing into a pair of black cardigan and jeans. I don't know where we're going anyway, gotta keep any dirty spot unseen and he said casual. Fortunately I have my pair of red converse in my bedroom, most of the shoes are kept in the staircase. And feeling lazy, I wear my glasses instead of contacts, it's should be fine, right? I comb my lion's mane and tie it up in my usual ponytail.