8

A new weekday begins, meaning a new passage to the world of hell has opened.

I let out a daily morning groan as I fetch myself up awake, getting into the bathroom and wash up, dressing myself in the school uniform and go downstairs.

"Morning, honey." My mom greets from the kitchen.

"Morning, mom." I take a plate of the waffle my mom has baked. Sorry for my dear beloved mother but the smell of waffle does a better enticing introduction to all my senses. Maybe that's what intrigues my early wake up call.

Ollie comes in next like a zombie, dragged by dad. He's always a sleepyhead due to his gaming all day everyday. Dad takes a sip of his coffee.

"Want me to give you a ride?" He offers.

I give him a thumbs up, my mouth is too busy savouring the waffle. You know, there's an unwritten law in this world, to never disturb an eating person. Gladly my family seems to embrace it quite well.

Finish breakfast, dad and I bid our goodbye to mom and get into the car. Ollie joins us in the car with his backpack not long after. Dad drops me off first since Ollie's elementary school is oddly farther.

I put and retrieve stuffs in my locker and bag then stride to Jeanne's locker, a floor beneath mine. I can detect her bright red hair even from afar.

"Hey, cherry girl." I tuck her hair. It's very straight and smooth, quite silky and ends right above her shoulder.

"You're early, chocolate." She turns her head at me and smiles.

"Yep. Have you done the geometry homework?"

"Of course."

"Let me sync mine with yours." Or to be exact, Vincent's answer. You know, he's still mysterious as ever and I was half-asleep when he kind of tutored me. I compare our answers and obvious enough, it's different. I knew it.

"I'm not actually sure about that number. Let me see yours." I give her my book. She skims through the process, double-checking it. "Oh, right. I miss this step.. Lucky me to recheck with yours."

"Huh, what?" I blink several times.

"Let me recount the numbers." And she does so. Three minutes later, she shows me her answer, it's in sync now.

"You're a genius, Nora."

"Umm.. Actually not exactly from my brain." I smile sheepishly.

"Then whose?"

"I'll give you a clue. A boy." Playing guess who with her doesn't sounds bad.

"Hello, half of the population here are male species, miss." She remarks.

"Well, okay next hint. He has a memorable eyes. That's it, the decisive clue is out." I grin widely.

"Umm.. Winston the geek?" She creases her brows, thinking.

"Aww, why the Winston. Do you like him?" My eyes glints in excitement. Winston is in the same physics class as us. I don't know exactly, but he does look smart, unlike an unexpected certain someone.

"He's cute, but no, too much of a geek. It's just his eyes are grey and he's smart."

"True, he fits the criteria quite well but nope. Not him."

"Gary? He's got that sharp and vicious looking eyes." I shake my head.

The bell rings. "Keep wondering. I'm going to speed drive to class, it's our pristine Prince George. Bye." It's the nickname the girls has taught me, and I'm loving it, very understandable, not complaining. She chuckles. I salute her and jog. As much as running is still out of option due to my long-lasting swell on the knees, not going to miss any second of the lesson if it includes a handsome teacher, bruh.