18

It's finally about time to start. And they're always late as ever.

"Cashey, over here," Gladys invites to sit next to her.

"Geez, they are too big. One might say you're gonna give it to another girl. I thought Nancy's was enough." Jeanne snickers at the sight of the humongous bouquet of flower that probably made her late. Jeanne herself is holding onto a bouquet of Nancy's, from her boyfriend. I would say rather big as well. Since Nancy's also graduating and Jeanne being a solo, so she's in charge. "You're surely the best, Nora." She whispers to me.

"I know right." I grin, smiling proudly at the little bouquet of colourful tulips among these cute baby breaths.

The lights go off not long after, marking the beginning of the event. It starts with the school band, playing the school's march before the lights lit up again and the MC comes in view then host the whole event for the next few hours.

After they announce the name of the graduating students, they all take photoes and such. And that's when the hell plays it's role. It's definitely a messy bunch of people. Every student's invited parents, relatives or friends search for the one they were coming for in a rush. Including us, we got a little separated. Or maybe just me, as always. I'm lost. Hence I just wander around to anywhere my feet takes me.

"Are you supposed to be my guest?"

"Umm.. I believe so." I reply at the familiar voice.

"And I thought you were the one who was supposed to find me," he clicks his tongue.

"It is. Should've been that way but, who cares. As long as you find me as always." I grin sheepishly. He rolls his eyes. "And, here's for you." I distract him away from the topic, giving him the bouquet.

"Tulips? Baby breath? You're so fucking weird," he examines the bouquet for a while.

"I thought you were going to simply thanks for it."

"I was going to. Until I saw something other than roses. I know each of the colour represents good meanings as well, but this is so freaking colourful."

"Fine. Just return it if you don't want it." I pout, trying to grab ahold of the wrap. But instead, he grabs my hand and sweeps me off my feet, by literal meaning. I end up tiptoeing for a few sec, ya know.

"No worries. I like these flowers better than roses." He whispers sweetly.

"Gosh, that tingles." I say as both of my feet land back to the ground while shiver runs down my spine. "You should take a theater major and become a ghost or even a psychopath. I believe you will pull out those kind of characters well." He rolls his eyes. "Where are Josh and Pamela?"

"They are going to the store already."

"What? Why so fast?"

"Nora!" Someone calls me, yeah for sure.

"Yes?"

"Come here. Let's have our's taken as well," Gladys says.

In the end, I gather with the girls again and we all take our positions. I insist him to join us in the photo but I knew it. He just won't. He said he took one with Josh and Pamela already. And they were going to the store because it's their anniversary, they want to make sure their night is free. Great for them.

"Gosh, too many lovebirds. I would rather take the photo instead." Jeanne sulks by herself.

"My boyfriend isn't here as well you know," Gladys hip bumps her.

"Yeah, at least you still have one."

"Well, that's not fair. You decided yourself to be a solo."