12

Ay-yo. Friday back in town, brothers!

The week pass quite fast, at least when it's Friday you'll feel so. And weekend will forever be the fastest in a way or another. That's an unwritten law. Objection if I could.

I wear my amethyst long sleeve t-shirt with a pair of black jeans. Not that weird, is it? People have already think of me as weird enough I suppose. The girls told me I have several nicknames already, some about being weird, dominantly being either Dean or Vincent's girl or enemy. I have faith in the latter object for both subjects. Don't even need to ask for the reason. Dean is when the devil wears Prada. Vincent is when the hunger games begin. By the end of the day, I'll permanently be dead either way.

And we just have to start the day by reminiscing our whole week of misery. I mean it's history, surely about going back to the good ol' days when we're supposed to live the days forward and leave the past to start afresh. Ha.

"Hey."

"Shut up."

Who talks first? Of course, me. Really reminds me of the girl from my first day. Well, maybe it has something to do with being in history class. A class where you rewind on your memory. Hence I find my seat, 3 columns away from him.

"Class, we'll have a project about the social dynamics in human society that affects us nowadays in large scales. Presentate it in front of the class next two weeks." The whole class groan as Mr. Ben announces the news proudly as soon as he makes his entrance. "In groups of two. I'll call the names."

"Anna Heath, Jake Downson. Geraldine Yuan, Dan Keller ... Elenora Taylor, David Jackson ... Sydney Clerk, Vincent Sylvester. That's it." The lastly mentioned girl catches everyone's attention undeniably. "Any name I miss or a disapproval perhaps?" Mr. Ben looks up from his list then narrow his eyes through the glasses. "Yes, Mr. Sylvester?" Almost all of us freakin' turn our heads at the name.

"I want to switch partner."

"May I know the reason?"

"I don't want to partner up with someone who prejudice me of not taking part in any of the project." Sydney's cheek shows a tint of redness from embarrassment.

"You mean you'll do the project?"

"Yes."

"I'm sure it means taking your role of the work fifty percent?"

"If you change my partner." The old man thinks for awhile as if he is a president deciding whether or not to launch a nuclear.

"Fine. Who would you like to be partner with?" Well, nuclear activated.

"Elenora Taylor." Target aimed.

"Sorry?" I turn my head and stare at him eyes wide as a saucerpan. I mean their conversation itself is quite unbelievable enough. I have no real issue with him obviously, yet, but it's just weird to see him speaking up for his own right in public about going to torture me when all he ever does is to attend merely for absence unless someone attacks him. Counterattacks are always ready.

"Her." He nods at me, reconfirming his decision.

"You alright with it Ms. Taylor?"

"Well, no problem I guess." I turns my head back to front.

"Okay." He scribbles down something, probably changes the names on his list with his pen. The heck, he didn't even bother to ask the girl, Sydney, nor my partner, David. "Now, open your book page 87."

And, nuclear launches. Boom. Doom's day.

~~

"Wait." I rustle through my bag.