2

I wake to the banging at the door and my mom's voice.

"Open the door! Are you awake yet? Hurry up, it's 7.30 already!"

I throw my blanket to the floor with a loud groan. Seriously. It's 7.30 early in the morning and school starts at 8.... SHIT!

My eyes are totally wide awake by now. I rush to the bathroom, brush my teeth, take a speedy shower, and wear my uniform.

I run downstairs, eventually trip on the last stair and fall on both of my knees with a loud thump and ouch. My mom comes out from the kitchen with a snack bar and rolls her eyes. That's my amazing mother who gave birth to me guys.

I snatch the bar and half-run half-rubbing my legs for my life to school. The school is supposed to be a 10 minutes walk. When I look at my phone, I see the constant black screen. An explanation to why I didn't wake up to the sound of my alarm, forgot to charge it. I groan and put my phone away in the bag. Excellent morning. And if you've noticed already, I live to groan.

~~

I catch the sight of the main gate, the bored looking security guy already half closing the gate, students rushing and running pass through it. When the line ends, the gate closes. Right in front of my eyes. All because of my stupid wobbly leg.

"Excuse me, I'm here! Can't you open it for a few seconds, please?" I clutch the gate and beg the security guy with the worst puppy eyes that he'll ever see.

"Sorry kid, try to come earlier next time," he walks away with no mercy. So heartless dude, can't he sees my red bruised knees right now? It's even purple now, ready to ripe into a blueberry. I hope he gets haunted by my horrific puppy eyes.

Misery never leaves me alone I guess, overloaded by loyalty.

Here I am, still clutching on the gate pitifully. Knowing it will make no difference, I try accept my fate half-heartedly. At least I still have a heart, can't be more proud.

Maybe I can take this opportunity to surf the city, something I haven't been able to do in the last few days.

I decide to study the school first, hoping to find a hiding spot or anything similar in case I have to runaway. I follow the lead of the red bricks.

After about a legit five minutes of silence, I hear a ruffling sound. I walk towards it. I know it's a bad idea, an action I despise most from the stupid main characters in a horror or thriller movie. But, it's still daylight right now, nothing bad to worry about, right? I gulp.

I peak at the corner of the bricks, only my curious head and fingers stick out. I narrow my vision to the boy.

He wears the boy's uniform, has a thick black hair and a tan skin, holding his backpack before throwing it over the wall.

"What are you doing?" dang it, now I can't even control my body. I don't know when did my feet carry me there, right in front of the boy's annoyed face.

"Getting in to school," he says in a matter of fact tone with his deep voice.

"Count me in." I should really shut up.

I wait for his response.

A second pass, so does the second and third..

He stretches his arm straight at me.

"What?" I only blink at him, as innocent as I can be, gag.

"Your bag, idiot." He doesn't budge from his position.

I give him my bag. He throws it over the wall right away. I gasp at the brutality towards my innocent bag, yet he shows no other emotion.

"Cold-hearted bastard." I zip my mouth. He seems unfazed by my comment, luckily?