Rigo Psalm Lexington

"Albrecht, Amara Vallerie, highest honor, the valedictorian of the batch,"

I stopped at my stance. We were just passing by the auditorium where the moving up of the junior high is currently happening. Yet the moment I heard that name, my feet stucked on the floor. I'm now standing in front of the big glass windows of the auditorium.

"Psalm, bro, let's go--"

I raised my hand to stop him from speaking.

"Mauna na kayo, susunod ako,"

Iann just shrugged. Tristan, on the other hand, was just busy on his phone. Tumango sa akin si Enzo at inakay na sila mauna.

It's not like we needed to be there asap.

My eyes went back to the stage. The girl that the emcee called was already walking, with her head down, towards the podium.

My forehead creased in confusion. Why is she walking like that? She should be confidently walking, she's the valedictorian for pete's sake. She's a big deal.

I don't know what happened to me. I mindlessly walked inside the auditorium. Some students looked my way but I did not care. Mas lumapit pa ako stage at naglakad sa gilid ng mga upuan.

"I want to greet every impormant person gathered here today for this important event in our lives. To my dear batchmates, to the faculty..." Her angelic voice is like a music to my ears. I think I was bewitched just by hearing her lovely voice.

Her eyes was looking down the podium. I can see from here that there's not paper to read on there. She just like to keep her eyes there, afraid to look everyone.

Nakaramdaman ako ng pagkairita dahil hindi ko makita ang mukha niya. Her silky straight hair is down too, it is becoming a window to cover half of her face.

My phone suddenly vibrated from my pockets.

I sighed frustratedly. I need to go back. Iann and the others are looking for me. The Chancelor summoned us and I don't know why.

Isa muling tingin sa babaeng iyon ang iginawad ko bago tumalikod at umalis sa lugar na iyon.

I'll definitely see her again. No matter what.

"What are you talking about? A junior high?"

After Enzo said that, Iann and Tristan laughed. I eyed Iann immediately. Maybe he's forgetting that he's in love with some who's way younger than him. Tumikhim ito at tumigil sa pagtawa. Enzo continued to tease me about it.

"She's going to be Grade 11 next year while you'll be a graduating student of Engineering." Tristan even counted in his fingers how many years are the gaps between me and the girl.

Six years. Six fucking years. I come to realize all of sudden that's she's too young. Yet why am I so into her?

I don't fucking know.

"Wala kang pag asa, bro! Nakaalis ka na nang MIA, hindi pa siya college," Pang aasar muli ni Enzo.

Aambahan ko sana ito ng suntok pero mabilis itong nagtago sa likod ni Iann. Duwag!

"What's her name again?" Tristan asked.

Matalim ko siyang tiningnan bago sagutin. If he's going to do something with the girl, I'll definitely kill him. That girl is mine.

"Albrecht. Amara Vallerie Albrecht,"

Tristan snapped his fingers as if he remembered something.