Chapter 9 : Magic has some tricky stuff .

After going through 2 hours of lecture by Mr Lionel Abyss talking about the history of Luna Coven , he ends his lecture with , "so you see , magic is not something that makes your life easier . In some aspect it does , but great powers come with great responsibilities and our ecosystem with fellow humans must be balance . If that balance is outweigh in either side , innocent people will suffer and this world will be only a place for power and not peace" . I walk out of Lionel's study and thinking , Xavier's father , Charles Hynx doesn't agree with my biological grandfather , Dereck Abyss that witches and warlocks should be superior in this world . Charles believe the greater responsibility is to rule the world because they can rule better than humans and I can't help but agreeing cause come on , Obama is barely breathing in that White House . But what Charles fail to understand is , magic should be used in a discrete manner and not in the open cause firstly , humans will see them as foreign creatures and unite to get rid of them because they're different and might be dangerous to them . Secondly , human can point the blame to us witches and warlocks if something unusual happen . Ugh , humans just love playing the blame game . Charles was so hungry for power so he decided to form another coven and successfully got a part of the Luna coven to join his 'heroic' act . But in order to rule the world , they have to be the only coven  if there is two coven or even more , witches and warlock doesn't seem quite on the same track and that's a sign of weakness . That was some heavy stuff . 

Before I go to meet Carla , I walk out to the backyard and just stand there looking at the trees and bushes around there . Just breathing some oxygen , need to clear my head for a few seconds . Then I see someone pulling dead weeds at around a tree on the other side , I recognize the face so I walk closer . "What are you doing there , Bachelor ?" , he was startled . "Oh my God ! You scared me" , he said . I laugh and say , " Did the big buff warlock got scared ?" . He looked at me say , "oh shut up Tater Tots" . I was wondering why is he doing this so I ask , " are you like a gardener or something ?" . He looks at me with a raised eyebrow and stand up and put his hands on his waist , "so you think I'm like a sexy gardener huh ?" , I scream  'No !" and laugh . He looks dissapointed but then he say , "I'm just helping around , you know ? It's the least I can do after being accepted when I have been growing up with the outcasts" . I got confused but with the knowledge I know I guess , "Outcasts ? You mean the Nebula Coven ?" , "Look at you paying attention in class" , he responds . " So you were kicked out by them or something ?" , I couldn't help but too ask , "nah , something like that cause I got tired of the darkness and being angry all the time , wanting power is all I hear about every day then I say something stupid in the middle of a meet-up and got exile" . "What did you say ?" , I asks and he walk towards me and pointing his finger to me and say , "you know , curiosity can kill a cat" . I realised maybe I was out of line so I raise my hands as a sign of surrender . " I gotta meet Carla now so I'll leave you with your weeds . Don't get high and pass out" , I say and walk off then I hear he say , " Why Tater Tots , are you gonna get worried ?" . I laughed so hard I think the whole house can hear .

"My dearest Karenina !" , Carla says while extending her arms . She's been doing that alot lately , maybe it's sort of her signature move . I smile and give a little wave and sit down at the kitchen stool . We are doing magic in a kitchen ? Maybe it's true when they say ' all the magic comes from a kitchen ' . "Okay , so we are going to do some basic stuff today . You know how to move objects from one to another with your hands ?" , she starts off and  I nodded . "Great ! So what else you found out that you can do ?" , "I can zip someone's mouth and this" , I snapped my fingers and flames appear and I put them off again . " Wow , I've seen you have your father's element" , she smiles . " So now maybe we could enhance your magic . Practice makes perfect you know" , so she take all sorts of stuff from the cabinet like a bowl , knives , wooden spoon , onions and even a fish ? "Are we cooking something ?" , I asks and she answers , " Yes my dearest , you are going to help me making dinner , and all you have to do is wave your hands" . So my first task is cutting carrots , so I point my hands to the cutting board and place it in front of me and float some carrots along my way and all I need now is a knife . I see a knife and slowly bring it to the knifeboard and try to cut it with my hands without touching , but it didn't seem to cut through the carrot . I even imagine my hand was the knife and repeatedly bring my hands to the table as if I was cutting the carrot but the knife just floats there . I take a breath and look up to see how Carla is doing , and I see the onions are being chopped , the salad was mixing in a bowl and the fish flew from the sink to the steaming pot . Then I see Carla just sitting down reading a cook book . "How are you doing there dear ?" , she turns her head and see me grin awkwardly with an uncut carrot in my hand . She look at me with such compassion and stand by me and say , "you need to feel what you're doing , don't think too much , just relax . You need to be one with the knife or the object you're controlling and focus on it" . I understand what she's saying so I take a deep breath and try to be one with the knife , it moves as I wave my hand back and forth so now I'm focusing the knife onto the carrot . I gently put the knife on the carrot and just using my energy to cut it . Then the top of the carrot is chopped off , I got excited without realising the knife was flying around the kitchen . "Karenina , the knife !" , Carla remind me so I cool down and put the knife back on the kitchen counter . "See , aren't you a natural ! Now continue cutting those vegetables , we have family to feed" . I nodded and continue cutting the carrot but my cuts are kind of slow but I'll practice more and soon I can slice a chicken within a blink of an eye ! 

As I put dinner on the dining table and set up the utensils beside the plates , Lionel come in and sit down on his seat . Carla stormed in with a steamed fish Chinese-style and say " Darling , Karenina cuts the vegetables we're going to eat today" , "It looks crooked and not in uniform" , he says while looking at the salad bowl and I just put my head down . "Lionel ! It's her first time , she'll practice on it won't she dearest ?" ,  I just nodded . Then I hear a honk outside and I look through the window and it's my dad , "there's dad ! I'm gonna head out now , thank you for everything , I'll see you guys again tomorrow" . I took my bag and as I walk out , Carla teleported to the front door . " Aren't you gonna have dinner with us ? We fixed some feast today" , she says hoping that I would have dinner with them tonight . I feel pity for Carla but I'm just not ready , they still don't feel like family to me . "When I'm ready Carla" , I hug her and go out to my dad's car .

During dinner at home , my mum ask how was my lesson today and I told her everything , including cooking them dinner with my weak knife skills . My mum is so astonished that I even be in the kitchen with a dead fish at the same time , thanks mum . Then my mum ask , "so how did you do all that ?" , and answer to that question is sort of  a long one so I think I just make it simple and it explains eveything automatically . " I just witch it , I guess ?"