Chapter 6 : The Awakening Ritual

After talking to my mum , we walked to the reading room together and see dad is having tea with Carla and Lionel . "Such delicious tea Greg , what is this ? Earl Grey ?" , Carla asked . "Earl Greg" , my dad answered and both of them laugh except Lionel , he has been awfully quiet since he arrived . What's his problem ? I apologized to them , " Mrs Abyss , I'm sorry for my rude behaviour awhile ago , I was confused with everything" . She came towards and hold my shoulder , "its okay dearest , I understand but in any circumstances do not call me Mrs Abyss , I'm your mother" , she says with a smile . Then Mr Abyss finally spoke , "Let's not waste any time and get along with the ritual so that Karenina can come back home with us" , he has such a deep and soultry voice , so canny . "What ? I am not going anywhere , my home is here , in this house . I do not even know you guys and you think you can tell me what to do ?" , I voiced out my right . "We need to do the ritual so that the coven can acknowledge your existence and extend their loyalty to you , because you are the next head of Luna coven" , Lionel continues . "How do you expect me to be the next head of the coven when I know nothing about it ?" , I responded with a raised voice . He answered with a loud tone , "That is why we are bringing you back to the coven where you will learn everything" , and I immediately answered " I am not going anywhere".

Carla tries to cool down the heat by saying ,"my darlings ! You've just met your kin and the first thing to do is quarrel ? Let's not be daft shall we ?" , the fire in his eyes fades and he walked away saying , "If the awakening ritual is not done , your powers will not be contained and Xavier can easily take it from you cause your powers are not protected by the coven , do you want that Karenina ?" . He knows what he's talking about and I know zilch about all of these , so as a good student , I decided to ask a question , " If what you're saying is true , I will do the ritual but let me stay here with Jo and Greg" , more of a preposition . Carla looked at her husband and said , "Darling , I think that is possible because at least she is protected by the coven" , but Lionel's eyes just got furious again . " No , you shall come back with us and learn everything you should know about your powers , the coven and how to lead it . How can you learn all of that from here?" , then Carla whispered loudly in his ear , "Darling , our home is just half an hour away , its not that far" . I was surprised by that statement , only half an hour away from here ? Then dad cut in , "Yeah , your neigborhood is only at the other side of town , I could send and pick her up whenever she's done with lessons" . 

Lionel didn't say a word for a few minutes , then he said ,"fine , that seems manageable" . Again , my dad saves the day ! I was smiling from ear to ear , then Lionel quickly ask me to stand in the middle of the circle . Lionel and Carla stand opposite direction from each other and put their hands up in front of them . They closed their eyes , and when they open it , the lights are switched off and their eyes turn bright gold . They started chanting something in Latin , maybe ? I didn't sign up for that class but it sounds like it , "et incarnatus est de luna , constrigat cum luna , insigne nostra" . They chanted that repeatedly and suddenly there's strong wind coming from the window and my feet is not on the ground and something came over me and its like pulling my every vein and it freaking hurts so I screamed and my eyes turn bright yellow . I heard my mum calling my name and Carla and Lionel keep on chanting the same thing . Then everything is pitch black .