Chapter 18 : The Young Gathering

Karenina's POV 

I enter my room at the mansion , it's clean first and foremost which is good . I decided to stay for the night because the dance is a witch thing so I think it's comfortable to be around my biological parents for this . I put my shopping bag on the bed and take out this beautiful yellow dress . It's knee length with a halter neck , nothing fancy , it's just a party dress and I pull out this gorgeous long yellow satin scarf that Carla chose . Since , we were out just now I even pleasure myself with a medium size lion ring , I'm more of a ring girl . I lay everything I just bought on my bed and I take a look around , the favourite thing I like so far in this room is the vanity . It's just so classic , I thought while running my hands through the wood carvings , I never knew red and green is a good combination but it looks perfectly matched on this vanity . Even the stool is covered with a red velvet on it , it seems like the stool goes with it . I try to sit on it and look at myself into the mirror , I wonder whether the other witches and warlocks will like me cause , I do not actually little miss popular at school . "Go and take a shower dearest !" , I hear Carla shouts so I stands up and head for the bathroom . 

I came back into the room with a towel wrap around my body and my hair tied up in a high bun . I spray some deodorant to my pits and put on my skin colour bra and panties , and finally put on this cute yellow dress . Carla came into the room with tons of makeup and hairsprays and clips on her hands , as she puts all those stuffs on the vanity , she looks at me , " we made a right choice with this dress , didn't we ?" , she smiles and help me zip it up . I sit down on the stool and looks at Carla , "Carla , I know you're gonna help me get ready and there's one thing you need to know" , Carla stands behind me and undo my bun , "what is it dearest ?" , "I never put on makeup before , so this all new to me" . She chuckles , "dearest , honestly you do not even need any makeup because you look like a goddess already ! But tonight is all about fun , so why not put a little blush on those apple cheeks ?" , she smiles . I smile back , and I really love this moment right now , the thought of having my mother helping me get ready is so sentimental for me but I try not to love it too much cause I still have a mother at home that loves me and dies to do this with me , eventhough she always tells me to have a great time with Carla . Carla starts with putting some moisturiser on my face , and continue with powder and then I think is a bronzer ? " I remember when I have smooth skin like yours , now it's all just wrinkles" , Carla starting to make conversation . She is literally one of the most beautiful person I know , she has such pretty round eyes and sharp features , not to mention her luscious lips and nice teeth , I think she looks good for her age , enough said . "You look great Carla , you've taken of yourself so well and I would not even guarentee if I can look like you when I'm your age . I'm such a lazy bum on washing my face and I just eat whatever I want" , I say and Carla laugh while applying eye shadows on my eyes , " dearest , I know that people say eating right and constantly exercise is the way to go but there's one more thing you should practice to look beautiful all the time" , I'm gonna receive a beauty tip from my mother , like seriously , this should be recorded cause I might forget , "be happy" , she looks at me through the mirror , "when you're happy , you smile and that will radiate your face . Even in your pyjamas and glasses on , you still feel beautiful . Don't ever forget that" , I smile with such warmth in my heart . "Let's give your hair a bit of a curl and make a simple updo" , she plugged in the hair curler and start curling my hair , I never seen my hair being curled and it looks different , good different . Then she just pins my hair all around , leaving just a bit of hair hanging from the back and spray abit of hair spray to make it look voluminous she says . I look at myself in the mirror and put my scarf across my shoulders and I literally feel like I'm Princess Belle from Beauty and the Beast , I smile so wide and I just twirl around because I'm so excited . "You look really beautiful Karenina" , I turn my head and see Lionel lying his side body by the door , "Oh thank you , it's all Carla , really . I just stay there and be quiet" , I answer and Carla hugs me , " you look so beautiful , and I bet Jeremy will drool" , she whispers and giggle . I giggle too and really can't wait for Jeremy's reaction cause I look kinda rad tonight , then the door bell rings . "I'll go get the door " , Lionel says and I put on my lion ring and pearl earrings I brought from home . I'm even wearing my mother's white shoes , it's got a slight heel so I still can control my walk .