Chapter 3 : The 16th moon - Part 2

As I was taking my books out from my locker , I hear Gina and Rachel scream from behind , " Happy sweet 16 Nina !" . "Thanks guys !" , I said while hugging them . " So what are we going to do today ? Rating boys in the mall ? Bowling alley ? Shopping ? Or even better , set you up on a blind date !" , said Rachel excitedly . "Blind date ? With who ?" , I asked . "If you know , the date wouldn't be blind would it ?" , Gina holding Rachel's back . I giggled at the thought I would go on a blind date , "No thanks guys , I do not have the guts or even the looks to go on a blind date" . Both of them dropping their jaws listening to my respond , "you do have the looks ! Come on , even Dori has a boyfriend !" , Rachel said . Dori is a large sized girl and is in the wrestling team and her boyfriend is a fellow teammate so they can hit it off cause at least they have something in common . As for me , I do not think any boys in this school have the same intrests I do , like staying at home reading books and chill and not going to parties and dance my ass off , or even do bowling ! Maybe they are boys out there who are weirdly happy like me but in this school ? Fat chance bro . 

"Nina , you have pretty long brown hair and a nice figure . You even have brown eyes that is to die for ! If any guy doesn't love your eyes the minute they see them , they are dumb" , Rachel said while playing with my hair . "How lovely Rachel , thank you . You have a sick body too boo , if guys cannot see how beautiful you are , I yank their hair as hard as I can" , I responded . Rachel is the sweet and kind and gentle kind , one time she saw an old lady at the park sitting alone , she went to buy flowers and give it to the lady . When we asked why , she said , "she dressed up pretty , it would be a waste if she doesn't have a flower to match her shoes" . Such an angel she is . As for Gina , she is the most honest person you'll ever met , she will tell you to your face if you're embarassing yourself by showing off that belly piercing when you do not have the body for it . She means well though , but people seem to misjudge her actions but she was just being honest . 

Then the school  bell rang , and we head on to our classes . 

After school , we all head up to the bowling alley cause I told the girls I have to be at home by nine and I really wanted to bowl . "Why do you have to be home so early Nina ?" , Rachel asked . "My parents are planning something for me at home", I answered . "Well that's just bull cause they didn't even invite us to join in" , Gina said with her hands up in the air cause when her Gonzales roots come up , she's more latina than Mrs.Tierro at the spice market. 

I hit strikes five times today , thats unusual cause mostly I could only get one , two if a miracle happens . While I was dancing due to my success in hitting strike , Gina nudged me , "Someone is checking you out" , I asked where and she pointed her eyeballs to the right at the last lane where a couple of guys are bowling . Trust a latina only to directly show a guy with here eyeballs , amazing , I wish I could have those powers . I glance at the guy and he's okay looking , tall and skinny and has a bit of bright highlight on his brown hair . Highlights ? Sounds like a cheerleader but thats just judgemental . "Okay"  , I said . "Okay ? Aren't you gonna smile back or even throw in a wink ?" , Gina strongly suggests . "Or even wave ?" , Rachel added . "No , I am not gonna smile back or throw a wink or even wave" , I said and Rachel asked why and I answered, "cause we do not do that to strangers" . " But he is a fine looking stranger" , Gina said . "Not today guys , today I wanna bowl cause I'm on a roll !" , I said while holding my fist high up in the air . " Gina looked at me with dissapointment and said , "you are going to bowl 'till you're 40 , no doubt about it" .