Chapter 21: Clean slate

Jeremy's POV

If I was Xavier and I want to put the source of great power, where would I keep her? The dungeon, of course ! I run to the back of the cave and there's two other warlocks guarding the entry, I try to push them away with my magic but it doesn't seem to work, "hey you can't be in here!", one of them said . "But I'm Jeremy, Xavier's nephew. I want to see the prisoner". Both of them look at each other and laugh, "You've been banished, we're not stupid" , shit ! They know. So I decide to this manually , I punched them both and run towards the dungeon and I see Karenina with her knees to her chest, she's still has her dress on but it's all torn and dirty, she spotted me and I run to her, "Tater Tots, I'm going to free you so you just calm down" , I tried to open the lock but the key must be with Xavier. I tried to break it with my hands but it's made out of iron, I run through my hair. "Go away, Jerrie. I don't want you to save me" , she says softly. "What ? Don't be silly Tater Tots, you're gonna be fine", I said but she looked at me and shout, "I'm not your Tater Tots ! I don't know who you are anymore ! You're not my friend ! All I know, you're going to free me and hand me straight to Xavier so that he can kill me ! I don't want you to save me, Jerrie! I'm nothing to you!". I'm not surprised with those accusations, I would say the same thing if I'm in her shoes. There are sounds of people coming and I can't do anything, so I decided to take a run for it, but before I run I look at Karenina, "Karenina, I die for you", she didn't even look at me. I run through all the guys and push every single werewolf army Xavier has to the floor and just continue running out of the cave and keep on running to the mansion to ask for help, like I said , I'd die for her. 

I knocked on the mansion's door, and Lionel answer the door with a worry look on his face, "where's Karenina? Come in, son" , I put my hands on my knees catching my breath. "Xavier has her, I tried to free her but she doesn't want me to and I tried.." , Carla appeared from the reading room and I see Lyea on the couch resting, and the rest of the gang is there sitting around the room. "Can I talk to you in private?" , I ask Lionel and Ralph stands up and stomps towards me and hold my collar, "what are you gonna to talk about? That you're really a spy from the Nebula coven and Xavier is your uncle?" , I was shocked and how does he know that , then I remembered that Lyea can read minds, he might've told them. "Put him down, Ralph" , Lionel demand but Ralph was fired up, "but, sir ! He's a traitor ! He must've known about the ambush and cause Lyea to get hurt" . Ralph has strong feelings towards Lyea and  I would act the same way if there's someone hurt Karenina. "Put him down, I say" , Lionel insisted so he did and I start talking, "I know you hate me Lionel, I feel bad , trust me. I am Xavier's nephew and I did come here based on a lie, it wasn't because I'm banished but I am banished now. I was just trying to finish what my mother started, so I obliged my uncle's orders and pretend that I want to be a part of this coven and take you down. But then you have treated me so nicely and Karenina is a good friend to me, she makes me happy but now she hates me. About the ambush, you got to believe me, I have nothing to do with it ! I didn't know he was going to unleash his werewolves at the Gathering, you've got to believe me! Karenina's life is in danger now and she need your help, please go and save her! Xavier might kill her to permanently transfer her power to him!" , sweat was running through my temples and Carla and Lionel just look at me like I'm a crazy man , and I think I am. "Let me go and get you a drink, Jeremy dear. You look like you need one" , Carla said and walk to the kitchen. I'm confused because I just told them that I'm a traitor, I don't deserve any drink from her, "didn't you hear what I say ? I put your daughter's life in risk right now ! And I just told you I've been acting all this time" , I shouted. "Jeremy" , Lionel said and I face him. "I know that you were a spy from Nebula since the day you arrived" , I'm appalled . Why didn't they do anything? Capture me or even kill me at that point in time? Jeremy lead me to the kitchen and we both sit down at the counter, "Trust me, Jeremy. I really wanted to tie you up to the chair and torture you to even have the guts to come here and act like you are one of us. But then, I thought of Jeofrey. Before he died, he held my arm and said to me that whenever his son came back, give him a chance, he's a good boy. I hold to his words and gave you a chance, you were nosey at first but then you got yourself comfortable and appreciate everything we have given you. Jeofrey is right, you really are a good man and you deserve a second chance to be happy, Jeremy" . I put my hands over my face because I couldn't believe that my dad actually saved me, I hugged Lionel so tightly as if I'm hugging my father, "thank you, Lionel for giving me a second chance. I never wouldn't have believed I have goodness without you and Carla" . 

I didn't want to waste any time, so I wipe my tears off and say, "we gotta save Karenina, Lionel. Before it's too late, I don't know if you noticed but I have feelings for your daughter" , Lionel chuckled and Carla touched my shoulder, "we notice dear and she really brings out the good in you". Lionel stands up and clap his hands, "now , call everyone to meet in the chambers. We got a selfish bastard to kill and save my lovely daughter" .