Chapter 26

Jackson's Pov

I took the girls and we went to the mall where the perfume presentation was to take place to check some details. There were about three hours left before the start and there was still a lot of work, but I was haunted by the thought that something was wrong.  And these thoughts were not about presentation. 

At first glance, everything seemed as before, Yue and Jia, as always, were arguing about something in the car, I smiled while listening to their little silly conversations, but it was all unnatural.

Am I thinking too much?... Hmmm Yes, probably it is. I haven't seen her for a long time, that's why she seems so different. I assured myself, hoping with all my heart that this was true.
The most important thing is that she returned to Shanghai and I will never commit such stupidity again, I will not let her go so easily. Not this time.
I smiled at my thoughts glancing in the mirror.

Yue's Pov

The guys tried hard for the presentation, they did everything perfectly and the fact that I was not here with them during the preparation made me feel guilty.

"You are the best." I said happily looking at what they did.  "I really did not think that everything would turn out so well. I'm so lucky to have such friends and such a team, you tried your best." Smiling, I patted Jackson and Jia Qi on the shoulders. 
" I think I didn't need to come, you did everything much better than I could have done." I said looking at them.
"Oh, I'm so useless and now I feel guilty in front of you." Having made guilty face, I glanced at the guys hoping for their reaction, but they only laughed.  How so? 

"Heyyyy!!!... you should have said something like, No, you also worked hard, or, We are your friends, of course we would help you with the presentation...." Snorting and pouting, I turned away, offended. 
They continued to laugh as if I hadn't said anything.

I looked at them in surprise with a frowning eyebrow, and only then did Jackson speak.

"You are so silly, why should we say what you already know? Huh..?" He laid his arm on my shoulder and bowed his head to me.  "What I should say is that, I really hope that from now on you will do your job, and will no longer throw everything at us." He said smiling

I noticed Jia's strange look and felt uncomfortable, perhaps because of his words, that made me feel even more guilty, or because of Jia Qi and how she reacted to that.  It was not like her, at another time she would have said something, but now they seemed understand each other without words. Something was happening, and I had feeling that I don't know what exactly...

In addition, I was thinking about what would happen in two days, when I would need to return to Beijing, and now I'm not sure if I will come back...
Actually when I was in Beijing, the thought that I would need to fly away from Him gave me a feeling of bitterness, at that moment I did not think that I will have the same bitter feelings thinking about my return to him.
I wasn't able to think how my friends would feel about it, cos my head was filled with thoughts about Him.
Suddenly realized that regardless of circumstances, deep down in my heart I already set priorities, and they were not in favor of my friendship.  To some extent, I felt like a traitor, a someone who not worthy of such a wonderful friends.

"Yue, what are you thinking?  Don't think too much, now the main thing is to do everything right." said Jia, noticing how I went deep into my thoughts. 
"I must make you happy, your model is already here." A bizarre grimace appeared on her face when she pointed to a girl with long legs who was nodding to everyone. 
Sun Quian.  She really looked victorious, I was not sure what I felt when I saw her.  On the one hand, I had to be grateful to her for how she looked and how she prepared for the presentation, because she is the face of my perfume, for which I worked for so long.  But on the other hand, I perceived her as a rival, and seeing her like this, aroused a feeling that I had never seen before, jealousy.