39

{Allison}

Evan is sitting across from me, focussing on his study book. We're at the library and I'm trying to study, but I don't have any motivation today. It's much more interesting to watch Evan.

'Allison, stop staring at me,' Evan mumbles without looking up. 'You need to study.'

'I know,' I sigh. 'But I really don't feel like it.'

'Why did you agree to come then?' Evan asks and he looks up.

'Because spending time with you is nice.' He smiles for a second before he pushes my book in front of me. I sigh and roll my eyes before I start to read the first chapter.

After a few hours we decide to call it a day. I put my books in my bag and get up. I did study a lot, in the end. Evan managed to keep me motivated.

'Do you have any plans tonight?' Evan asks me.

'Why?' I ask. 'Do you?' He shrugs and places his hands into the pockets of his jeans. I grab my phone and see that Stacy has sent me a text.

[05.35 PM]

Hey, wanna watch a movie tonight? It's been a while since we had girls night. And I feel like we have a lot to talk about.

'Stacy just asked me if I want to watch a movie with her,' I tell Evan.

'You should go,' Evan says.

'Are you sure?' I ask him. 'Didn't you have anything planned?' I don't want him to feel bad if he planned a whole date for us.

'No, I just wanted to watch some Netflix with you, but we can do that another time,' he says.

'Okay,' I say and I press a kiss on his lips before I send a text back to Stacy.

[05.46 PM]

Sure, I have a lot to tell you. Should I come to your dorm?

[05.47 PM]

Yeah, can you be here around 8?

[05.47 PM]

Sure, I'll see you then x

'Will I see you tomorrow?' I ask Evan.

'Not so fast,' he laughs. 'I'll walk you back to your dorm.' I nod and he intertwines our fingers as we walk back to the dorms.

'I still managed to be productive today,' I say to Evan.

'Yeah, after I told you a hundred times,' he laughs.

'You know,' I mumble. 'I haven't heard anything from my parents lately. I wonder if they're okay.'

'You could give them a call?' Evan suggests. 'I know you're in a bad place right now, but they're still your parents. And now Asher finally realizes you're not getting back together, maybe your parents can understand as well.'

'Maybe you're right,' I mumble. 'I'll call them tomorrow.' I'm tired of fighting with my parents all the time. I just want them to accept me, and to accept Evan. I hope they understand I won't go back to the person who hit me several times. My relationship with Asher wasn't healthy. They should know that. I know that they're close to Ashers parents, and I've always loved them as well, but I can't have a relationship with Asher anymore.