11

{Evan}

While listening to what our professor has to say, I feel my phone vibrating in the pocket of my jeans. I let my hand slide in my pocket and grab it. Allison has sent me a text.

[9.50 AM]
We need to talk. Meet me after class outside.

I look around and see that Allison is staring at me. I nod to her and then I concentrate on the rest of the lesson. I don't know what she wants to talk about, but now I'm curious.

When the bell rings everyone stands up and leaves the classroom. I, on the other hand, take my time to put my books back in my bag. I'm not going to run towards Allison. I don't want to come across as desperate.

When I'm outside of the building I see Allison standing by a tree, talking to Stacy. As soon as she notices me she walks towards me, leaving Stacy behind.

'Hey,' Allison greets me when she stands in front of me.

'Hey, what is it you wanna talk about?' I ask and we sit down on a bench.

'I've talked to Asher,' Allison tells me. I feel my whole body tense up as soon as those words leave her lips. 'And I... well we, decided to clear our heads. But after that we will go back to each other.' She bites on her lower lip, unsure what I'm about to do.

'Why?' I ask her. 'After everything he's done to you!'

'I know,' Allison mumbles. 'But we had a really good talk. He wasn't mad at me and he really wants to change, for me. He wants to show more affection.'

'So you've told him about us, then?' I ask her, even though I already know the answer. Allison shakes her head and looks away.

'How can you be in a relationship with someone if you're not being honest?' I ask.

'I will tell him,' Allison defends herself. 'I just couldn't find the right moment.'

'Well, if that's what you wanted to say...' I mutter as I stand up.

'No, wait,' Allison says and she grabs my hand. Her soft fingers on my skin make my heart skip a beat.

'Evan, I'm so sorry about everything,' Allison apologizes. 'I shouldn't have had sex with you, I shouldn't have kissed you. You're a great guy and you deserve the world. You deserve a girlfriend who treats you right and loves you no matter what. I want you to know that I didn't use you. My head is just a mess right now, and I need to take a step back and let everything sink in. I'm so sorry if I hurt you. I didn't mean to.'

'It's fine,' I mumble. 'But don't fall for those stupid words of Asher again. He doesn't really love you. And you know it.' With those words I start to walk away, leaving Allison behind. I know she'll come back to me. They can't build a relationship on lies. Besides, Asher is still a dick.

{Allison}

'Hey, Allison!' My mother is holding the door open and welcomes me with a hug. 'How are you doing?'

'I'm fine,' I smile, lying. I'm not fine at all, but I won't tell her that.

'How is Asher?' my mother asks. 'Isn't he coming with you?'

'He's busy,' I explain. 'But he's fine as well.' I walk inside and take of my coat and my shoes. Then I follow my mother to the living room.

'Do you still have time to see each other?' my mother asks when we sit down on the couch.

'Yeah, we do,' I smile. 'We see each other about three times a week.'

'That's good.' My mother smiles before she stands up.

'Do you want some tea?' she asks and I nod.

'Where is dad?' I ask while my mother is in the kitchen.

'He's meeting his friends from golfclub,' she explains. 'He won't be back 'till nine.' My mother comes back with two mugs. The steam is coming off of the tea. She hands me a mug and I smile thankfully to her.

'So, how is school?' my mother asks as she sits down again.

'It's good,' I say. 'The classes are actually interesting.' She nods and takes a sip from her damping tea.

'Your father and I are planning a trip over the holidays,' my mother explains to me. 'We are going on a skiing holiday. Do you and Asher want to join us? His parents will be joining as well. It would be nice to be with the whole family.'

'Future family,' I correct her. I don't want her to look at Asher as family already.

'All, we've known each other for ages,' My mother explains, laughing. 'They already are family. And I think it'll not be long until we are officially family.'

'I'll talk to Asher about it,' I say to my mother. 'But the idea sounds lovely. It would be nice to get away for a while.' Maybe Asher and I can work on our relationship there. It might be just what we need.

'Don't forget it already is in two weeks,' my mother says. 'So ask Asher quickly. I want an answer in two days.' I nod and take a sip from my tea.

'I'll ask him as soon as I get back to my dorm,' I say.

(Happy new year everyone! I hope you all have a great 2020 xoxo)