10

{Allison}

'I'm so glad you're safe.' Asher wraps his arms around me and I let him. I can't bring it up to push him away.

'Allison, I'm sorry about last night,' Asher says. 'I shouldn't have called you a slut and I shouldn't have pushed you against the wall.' I close the door behind him and sit down on my bed.

'Ash, I need some time to clear my head,' I say to him. 'Everything is a mess right now, and I can't handle it anymore.'

'What do you mean?' Asher asks as he sits down on the bed, next to me. 'Are you breaking up with me?' For once, he isn't getting angry. Which I'm glad about. I couldn't deal with any of that right now.

'I'm not breaking up with you,' I say to him. 'But it's not okay between us. We have issues.'

'Like?' Asher gives me a questionable look.

'Look, we just have different needs,' I try to explain. 'I need more affection than you do. And I'm just struggling with that. I want to feel loved, you know? Sometimes I feel like you don't really love me.'

'I do love you,' Asher tells me. 'I really do. And I'm trying to be more affectionate, but I can't turn into a different person overnight. It takes time. I hope you understand that.'

'I do,' I sigh. 'But... If I try to get some affection from you, you just turn me down and cut me off. It hurts, okay? I feel like you don't want me or that I'm not good enough for you.' I close my eyes for a second to stop the upcoming tears from getting out.

'Allison, you are good enough for me,' Asher assures me. 'Just give me some time, okay? We can make this work. We can make us work.' I nod in agreement.

'I think it's better if we keep our distance for a while,' I tell him. 'So we have some time to breathe.'

'Yeah, that would be a good idea.' Asher smiles softly and places a small kiss on my lips.

'I better be going then,' he says and he gets up. 'Text me if you need anything.' I nod and get up as well.

'I'm glad we had a normal conversation,' I say.

'Me too.' Asher gives me a kiss again before he leaves.

Asher can be a good man. Sometimes he is really sweet, like now. That's the reason I fell in love with him. He can be really caring and nice.

I grab my phone and decide to call Stacy. She would want an update about my talk with Asher.

'Hey Allison,' Stacy says when she picks up.

'Hey,' I greet her. 'So, I had a chat with Asher...'

'Oh, really?' she asks surprised. 'And?'

'I didn't break up with him,' I decide to say.

'Allison, please tell me you didn't fall for his brown puppy eyes, again,' Stacy sighs.

'He really listened to me,' I defend myself. 'And he was really sweet and caring.'

'Honey, you keep falling for his words,' Stacy says. 'But it only stays with words. He never lives up to his promises.'

'He said he'll try to become more affectionate,' I say. 'And I believe him. He wasn't angry at all.'

'So you told him about what happened between you and Evan?' Stacy asks.

'Well, no. But I-'

'Allison,' Stacy interrupts me. 'You have to tell him about Evan. He deserves to know what he's getting himself into. You know damn well that he wouldn't stay calm if he knew.'

'There wasn't a right moment to tell him,' I mutter.

'There never is, Allison,' Stacy mumbles. 'But you can't keep this a secret. You have to tell him.'

'I will,' I say. 'Just not now. We decided to take some time apart from each other to think about everything.'

'Okay, I really hope you know what you're doing,' Stacy says. 'Also, inform Evan about Asher. Because he is really into you and he deserves to know what's happening. He is a great guy.'

'I will,' I promise. 'I have to go now. I'll see you tomorrow in class.'

'Bye,' Stacy says before I put my phone away. I'll tell Evan about Asher tomorrow. And after that, I'm going to stay away from him. Even though I'm really attracted to him, I can't be in his presence. I have to work on my relationship with Asher. I just don't know how to tell Evan that I made up with Asher. I don't know if he'll be mad or if he understands. Hopefully, he understands. I really wish for him to meet a nice girl. He deserves a good girlfriend. He is one of the sweetest guys I've ever met. He is the perfect combination of sweet and dominant. I feel like he'll do everything for the one he loves, but he also has a strong opinion. And besides that, he is really handsome. He could be a model.

I pick up my phone again and open Instagram. I scroll through my timeline en like some photos before I close the application and open my photos. There are quite a lot pictures of me and Asher. I smile as I look at them. Asher and I are going to be fine. If we just put enough effort in it, we'll get through it.