17

{Allison}

Back at the chalet I say goodbye to Olivia and Matthew before I get out of the car. I wonder if Asher is home yet. I hope he isn't.

Slowly I open the front door and walk in. When I see everyone in the living room looking up as soon as I walk in, I know everything is far from okay. Asher is sitting on the couch, still looking angry.

'Where have you been?' my mother asks me, with an angry undertone.

'I was offered a ride home,' I mumble.

'Did you cheat on Asher?' Thea asks. So he wants to play the innocent one.

'Yeah, but-' I can't even finish my sentence, because my mother interrupts me.

'I thought you were better than that,' she hisses. 'You have broken his heart!'

'I'm very disappointed in you, Allison Hill,' my father says. 'We didn't raise you like that. Where did you get such crazy ideas to think it's okay to do stuff like that? College isn't as good for you as we thought.'

'Really, Asher?' I say to him, ignoring everyone else. 'You're a good story teller, aren't you?' I laugh sarcastically.

'Don't you dare blame Asher!' my mother says. 'He's done nothing wrong.'

'Of course not,' I whisper, feeling the tears form in my eyes again. 'Asher never does anything wrong. He's the perfect son.'

'I don't know what has gotten into you,' Thea says. 'But you're not the girl you used to be. You're manipulative and a liar.' I don't even feel the need to defend myself anymore. I'm done with everything.

'Aren't you gonna give an explanation?' my mother asks, raising her eyebrow.

'For what?' I ask. 'You already figured everything out. What do you need me for? What am I supposed to say? "I'm sorry I'm not the perfect daughter you thought I was"?'

'Allison!' my mother yells when I make my way to my room.

I don't want to be here any longer. I don't want to be around people that don't even want to listen to me. My parents are sticking up for Asher. They should be on my side. If they only knew how he treated me.

I throw my suitcase on the bed and put my clothes in it. I'm glad I didn't fully unpack everything. We've only been here for one evening. Talk about a short vacation... Once I packed all my stuff Asher walks into the room.

'What are you doing?' he asks.

'I'm leaving,' I hiss.

'To see your new boyfriend, I assume?' he says bitterly.

'You really don't want to get on my nerves now,' I warn him. 'So shut the fuck up and go back downstairs. My parents seem to love you more than they love me. They'd be happy to take care of you and your fucked up mind!'

'You're the one who cheated!' Asher says.

'Yeah, and you're the one who started getting abusive!' I shout back. 'You're lucky I didn't tell them how you've hit me and threw me against the wall!'

'You deserved it,' Asher hisses.

'Of course,' I laugh sarcastically. 'It's all on me again. It's all my fucking fault.'

'Yes, it is!' Asher yells. 'If you didn't act like a slut none of this would have happened.'

'If you showed me any affection I wouldn't have cheated on you!' I throw back at him. Before he can say anything else I leave the room and slam the door shut behind me.

'Where are you going?' I hear my father ask.

'Home,' I sneer. 'I don't want to be here any longer.'

'And how are you going to get there?' he asks.

'I don't care!' I say. 'I'll take the freaking bus if I have to!' Without any hesitation I leave the chalet.

Outside I decide to call Olivia.

'Hey, it's Allison,' I say to her when she picks up. 'I know it's late and I'm so sorry I'm going to ask you this, but could you please take me to the airport?'

'Of course,' Olivia says and I sigh relieved. 'What happened?'

'My parents have chosen Ashers side,' I explain. 'They wouldn't even care to listen to what I had to say. So I'm going home.'

'You're parents will come around,' Olivia says. 'Give them some time. I'll be there in ten minutes.'

'Okay, thank you,' I say and we both hang up.

I sit down on a bench, waiting for Olivia. I can't believe what just happened. My parents chose Ashers side. Asher and I broke up, for real this time. I don't know how I feel about it. This wasn't the way I had hoped for. But maybe it's for the best. Asher and I aren't made for each other, if you truly think about it.

When a white car stops in front of me I get up and see Olivia sitting behind the steering wheel.

'Thank you so much,' I say to her when I open the door.

'No problem,' she smiles.

'So, it's really over between you and Asher then?' Olivia asks after a while and I nod.

'I'm done with him,' I say. 'But I just can't believe my parents. Of course I expected that they'd be angry about me cheating, but I didn't think they would stick up for Asher without even listening to me.'

'They're wrong to do so,' Olivia mumbles. 'You're their daughter. They have to stick by you, no matter what.' I shrug my shoulders and look out of the window for a moment. The sides of the road are covered in fresh white snow.

'But tell me about you and Matthew,' I say then. I still want to know what happened between them.

'So, when we were upstairs I told him that I still have feeling for him,' Olivia tells me. 'And then he said he still felt the same about me and he kissed me. But we still have to talk about everything, since we have different plans for the future.'

'I hope you can work it out,' I say genuinely. 'You two look cute together.'

'We'll see,' Olivia mumbles.

'When I'm back home you have to keep me updated,' I say to her. 'I want to know everything.'

'I will,' she laughs. 'But you have to do the same. I want to know all about Evan.' My cheeks are turning red again and I can't hide the smile on my face.

'I think you like him more than you thought,' Olivia says when she sees my face. 'Don't let Asher hold you back if you think Evan can truly make you happy.'