[28] The End Of The Road? (Caleb's POV)

I am so so sorry about such a long wait :(

But I'm really struggling with ideas for this story at the moment, and I really don't have the motivation to write it either.

But, I've started to continue a story called Never Been Kissed that's been in progress for a looooong time now. So leave me a comment below if you would read it (if I posted it)?

Love you all <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm paralysed.

I don't know what is wrong with me, but I can't seem to move. I can't open my eyes or my mouth either. Yet, I can hear Prim sobbing and screaming, her voice getting fainter and quieter as the minutes tick by. I try to sit up, even just move my legs slightly, but it's just like none of my body parts will function properly.

I'm terrified.

"Prim?" I call out, my voice cracking slightly. With the last bit of my energy about to drain away, I manage to open my eyes. Looking around, I see a two figures - a boy and a girl - walking in the opposite direction to where I am crouched. I spot the colour of the girl's hair, and realise that it's not just another tribute, it'sPrim.

I curse myself for ever letting her out of my sight, for not putting up a better fight when I was attacked by the same boy that is now taking Prim away. But I know that thinking about my mistakes will not help her, and that I need to do something about it right now.

As the hot ball of burning fire disappears under the black blanket of the night sky, I slowly try to pick myself up from the hard floor, careful to not twist my body too much. "Ow!" I yell out in pain as I stand up, but determined to not let my injuries affect my plan to save my friend, I continue on walking in the same direction that I see Prim and the other tribute head in before.

An hour has gone by now, but there is still no sign of them, and if I'm honest, I don't entirely know where I am heading to. The majestic trees surrounding me are beginning to look the same now, and I begin to wonder if I'm just going in circles. But then, glancing at the rocky ground, I notice something strange.

Prim's hairband. 

Running towards the familiar object as fast as my injured legs will carry me, I pick up the item, and look slowly around me. It scares me slightly, because I know Prim would not have just left it there, which means only one thing; the other tribute has done something to hurt her.

In my mind somewhere, I know that I'm just jumping to conclusions and there's a perfectly reasonable explanation to the abandoned hairband, but I can't help but fear for the worst.

 "Prim?" I croak, my throat dry. I'm trying my hardest not to cry, as I know if I show emotion, then the Gamemakers will realise just how weak I am.

Nobody answers. I try again, louder this time, but I still don't hear a reply.

I start walking round in a circle, panicking slightly now. Just where could Prim and that tribute have got to?

As I'm hopelessly searching for her, I begin to realise just how much I am in love with her. I know it's stupid, I mean, I'm only young, but somehow it's just happened. And even though this is all a game, I honestly don't know what I'd do if I lost her.

As I'm trailing endlessly around the middle of this immense arena, I here a voice cry out. "Caleb?" The voice shouts, clearly as loud as it can possibly be. And instantly, I recognise the voice as Prim's.

"Prim?" I call back out, my eyes filling with tears. I have to find her, even if it might be a set up so that the other tributes can try and kill me. But what if she really is in pain, I ask myself.

"I'm in here!" Prim replies to me; the sound of her voice helps me to locate exactly where she is. I head in the direction of her voice, which leads me into another abandoned building. 

"I'm coming," I reassure her as loud as I can, not caring if any other tributes hear me. I just need to make sure she's okay.

"Come quick," Prim whispers out, and seeing as I can hear her quiet voice means that I am getting close. I'm trembling now, my whole body shaking, as I fear for not just my life, but for Prim's life too.

And when I see a small figure curled up on the floor near an old conveyor belt, I know that my fear's aren't for nothing. 

In fact, I should be terrified.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yet another cliff hanger, lol.

Be patient as I know (and I think you do now) that I'm not the quickest writer hahaha.

<3