[20] Arguments

Proper made up that I've actually got past Chapter 5 on a story ;D

So, enjoy guys! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You seriously want me to put that on Prim's cut?" Caleb asks Rue, raising an eyebrow. Obviously, he doesn't think it's a good idea.

Rue opens her mouth to speak, but I decide to reply for her. "It'll really help. Rue has done it before and you can't even tell she was injured in the bloodbath!" Rue smiles, as if she's thanking me. 

"Well, if that is the case..." Caleb mumbles, collapsing next to me.

"Go ahead Rue, apply it to the affected area. Maybe then, I'll be able to at least walk." I say to them both, leaning back on my hands that are situated behind my back, in an attempt to get ready for the pain that will come soon enough.

Rue starts to dab some of the thick, cool liquid onto my leg. I bit my lip so that I won't yelp out in pain, but after a while it becomes quite soothing. Rue wipes her hands on her crumpled t-shirt when she's finished and puts the flask back into her bag.

"I thought it would be terrible," I confess, "But after a while, it really eased the pain!"

"That's good." Caleb says, smiling. Rue just awkwardly sits there, watching us with one eye.

"I think I should rest now though, get my strength back," I tell them, "You guys, go on. Carry on walking."

"What?!" Caleb exclaims, looking a bit bewildered, "I'm not leaving you!"

"No, it's fine, honestly." I say, hobbling towards a nearby tree so that I can lean against it.

"It's out of the question," Caleb says, determined to not leave me, "I. Am. Staying. Here." He spells out each word slowly, so that I know he means what he's just said.

"Ugh, fine. You can stay too Rue, if you want. Or you can go. If you do stay with Caleb and I though, you can go hunting," I tell my ally, as she picks up her bag and hands it too me.

Rue straightens back up. "Sure I will, I'll be back soon." And off she goes, swiftly walking away, he footsteps delicate and very quiet. She definitely knows how to hunt, just like Katniss does.

"I don't like her, you know." Caleb blurts out, as soon as Rue is out of earshot completely.

"Yes, I guessed that. I do though, she's lovely really." I say, knowing I'm not going to like what Caleb is going to reply.

And I'm right. "You might do, but I certainly don't. She's already tried to hurt you!" He replies, his voice growing louder. I put one finger to my lips, telling him to be quieter. For all we know, Rue could just be a few metres away, listening to our whole conversation. After all, she can be very sneaky.

"It was an accident! You know that! And anyway she apologised." I shout at him. I'm so annoyed, I must be crimson red in the face.

"We don't know that, do we?" He says, raising an eyebrow, "After all, it is a game. Remember that."

"If it's a game and everything, then why are you still here? Not trying to hurt me?" I say, narrowing my eyes at my fellow district tribute.

"Because we're a team. Remember?" He says, looking hurt at what I've just said, even though he knows what I've said is true. Why hasn't he tried to kill me?

"And Rue is part of the team too." I reply, looking away from him.

"Not part of my team..." Caleb mutters under his breath, but it doesn't take a genius to work out what he's just said. I am horrified.

"Don't like it, then go! In fact, I'll go. Goodbye." I screech at him, awkwardly standing up and hobbling away as fast as my leg will let me. I must look ridiculous.

"Prim... don't. Please. I'm sorry." He says, standing up too and striding over to me. It doesn't take him long before he catches up. His eyes look like they're pleading with me to stay. Almost like he needs me to be there. I shake this thought away though, that's obviously not the case.

He touches my arm slightly, and a memory comes flooding back to me. It's of after the interview, when he told the whole of the Capitol and all the Districts as well that he hated me. That was horrible.

I push his hand away though, but he soon grabs my shoulders and forces me to turn towards him. We come to a stand, just standing there, looking at each other. It feels like hours go by, but it couldn't have been more than a few seconds before Caleb breaks the silence.

"Forgiven?" He asks, looking at me seriously.

"Depends if you try and get on with Rue." I say. He groans.

"But we're going to have to kill her!" Caleb complains. I shrug my shoulders.

"Not necessarily, we might be killed first. Or someone else might kill her. She's good as a source of food, with you around, we'll never be able to catch a thing."

He chuckles, obviously remembering our terrible ordeals when it came to hunting. "I guess... Fine, I'll try to be nice."

"Good. Now, where is she? It's been more than an hour now, I'm sure." I say, looking around the pace in case she's nearby. However, I don't spot a thing; not even an animal about.

"I guess we're going to have to look for her then... Let's start in the woods, and whatever we do, we cannot split up. Got it?"

"One problem though, isn't there?" I say, rolling my eyes. He's completely forgotten that I can hardly walk due to my knife wound.

He looks at me, his expression blank. I sigh, and deciding to tell him, I just point to my leg.

"Oh, yeah. Well, you'll have to stay here. I'll go look." He finally says, taking my hand and helping me back to where we were positioned before.

"Okay. I'll be here when you get back. If I see or hear someone coming, I can easily jump into the bushes, right?" I say, sitting back down by the tree yet again.

"That will be fine. See you soon!" Caleb shouts to me, as he starts to head off in search of Rue. I'm starting to get a bit worried about her, but I know I must think positive.

"Oh, and Caleb?" I yell to him. He turns around, waiting for what I'm going to say.

"Be careful!" He smiles, before turning back around and disappearing off into the woods behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ooooh! Where has Rue gone?

Please vote and comment, and tell me what you think will happen to them!

Thankyou x