[3] Meetings

Chapter 3.

Author's note:

Sorry I haven't updated for a while guys D:

Had to write this on my iPod, as I haven't had a chance to use my laptop :(

So if there's any mistakes, then I'll correct them when I get the time to go on it :')

Love Jack and Rose, think they are so perfect omg x3

Dedicated to jessabellx, for writing such an amazing story, and giving me inspiration to write. And for actually getting back to her fans (unlike some writers... :s) So check out her story 'The Girl Who Sold Herself On Ebay', its too amazing :D

Anyway, enjoy! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were silent for a minute, as we carried on eating, until Effie Trinket enter the room and came to sit down, on the other side of Caleb.

"So, Caleb," She starts, smiling polietly "What's you best skill?"

Caleb swallows his mouthful, and puts down his cutlery, looking serious all of a sudden. "I would rather not discuss that, thank you. I thought that's what the private sessions were for."

"Oh, er, yes.." Effie Trinket replies, her cheeks burning under all that pale make-up.

Caleb doesn't reply; instead he sits there, staring at the wall as he waits for me and Effie to finish. There's no sign of Haymitch either. Then again, he's probably too drunk to even know what his name is.

I soon finish off all the mouthwatering dishes that were on offer, and Effie follows not long afterwards.

"Time to watch the highlights of the reaping, I think," She says, moving towards the huge television situated in the 'living room' on this luxury train. Wow, what Mother would do to touch the beautifully carvings on the fireplace, and trace her fingers along the clear glass of the dining table.

The reaping starts on the huge screen, and I sit back and try to concentrate on what we are meant to be watching. But my mind doesn't want to do that. Instead, for some reason, my mind keeps playing the memory of me getting picked as a tribute, and Katniss's reaction to it. It keeps playing over and over again, just like a broken record. Everything around me is starting to fade slowly, and my head is spinning.

"Primrose, are you okay?" A muffled voice asks me.

"Um, yeah. But it's Prim, not Primrose. I reply sounding annoyed, as everything comes into focus again.

"Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot. But anyway, look at your skirt!" Effie Trinket shrieks down my ear, as I look to see an image on the television of me walking towards the stage in District 12, my skirt slightly twisted to the right. Effie definately pays attention to tiny details then. Shame she doesn't when it comes to the fact that I'm going to die soon.

I look over to Caleb, as his face appears on the screen. He's sweating a bit now, but he's nothing compared to what he was when he was first reaped. I remember that look of terrifiedness plastered onto his face, and the way he was trembling as he scrambled up the stage stairs.

Then the camera flashes to Effie ordering us to shake hands, which we obey to do. I look away just before our hands meet, as I don't want to remember that weird electricity that shot through me as our skin came into contact. But my mind can't help asking questions. Did Caleb feel it too? Does he like you, even as a friend? A warm feeling passes through my body at the thought of Caleb liking me.

However, I know I must never fall for him. In a way, he is the enemy. And after all, the only rule is to kill or be killed, and if I want to survive then that's what I'm going to do; kill.

As the television screen goes black, Effie jumps up and looks at us, he face gleaming.

"Wow!" She exclaims, her pink wig bouncing up and down. "There seems to be a load of tension between you two, judging by when you shook hands! Hmm..."

I look at Caleb carefully, trying to figure out what he is thinking, before replying to Effie. "Nope, not really..." I say.

"We'll soon see about that won't we," I her a voice slur from just across the room. I look over to see that the voice belongs to Haymitch, the only surviving tribute of District 12 still alive now.

"Not that we want you to get together or anything. Your too young obviously and it wouldn't be good for the Hunger Games, would it?" Effie babbles.

"No, it wouldn't." Haymitch grunts.

"Off to bed now! Early start in the morning!" Effie shouts, but I'm already walking towards my room.

"Night guys!" I say back, as I close my bedroom door and start to get undressed.

I climb under the sheets, pulling them right over my head, and try to fall asleep. And eventually after a lot of tossing and turning, my mind finally stops and I get to to rest.

-------

"Primrose!" I hear Effie shriek, "Time for breakfast!"

Slowly turning over to see Effie Trinket standing in the doorway, her pink hair brighter than ever, I wonder how she got in my room. I'm sure I locked it before I went to sleep. However, then I notice a clinking noise an lookdown to see her gripping a gold coloured key.

I get dressed quickly, changing into the outfit that was left out by my stylist, Sayla, and wander towards the dining room on this train.

Caleb is sitting there, looking anxious. I sit down away from him this time, seeing as apparently we can't even be friends, and anyway that's fine with me. Haymitch staggers over and sits by Effie, who's looking excited for a reason.

Effie Trinke trys to make small talk with Haymith inbetween mouthfuls of scrumptious dishes, ocassionally involving me or Caleb.

"What tips will you be giving our young tibutes this year then?" Effie asks.

Haymitch just replies with a grunt, before passing out on the table.

With Haymitch asleep and drunk, and me and Caleb too nervous at going to the Capitol to talk, Effie falls silent.

But not for long, as when we pull up into the Capitol's station, she suddenly jumps up, banging her leg on the table. Effie grabs us both by the hands, leaving Haymitch still sleeping, and drags us towards the main train exit.

The automatic doors screech open, and I feel like my eyes are burning. In every direction, camera's are flashing, people are shouting, and other's waving at us.

Watch out other tributes. I am coming for you.

If you don't kill me first, that is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is it just me who reads Effie's speech in her voice from the movie? x3

Votes and comments are very very welcome :p