[25] Finding The Lake Again

I have a lot of homework to be getting on with now that I've started my GCSES :'(

But, I had to write this chapter. Because I love you guys. <3

Awww, this story is coming to an end soon! 

I'm proper gutted about that :'(

I'm so sorry about how short this chapter is too, it's just I really wanted to update. Seeing as you all harassed me. Jk. ;)

Enjoy! And dont forget to vote, comment and fan :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wow, I'm thirsty." I say subconsciously, sitting up and rubbing my neck. It's gone very stiff from sleeping on that hard floor.

Next to me, Caleb is wide awake, sitting up as well and staring of into the distance. I nudge him slightly, bringing him out of his trance.

"Sorry. I was just thinking." He says, turning to me and smiling.

I grin, before replying, "So, today, we heading to the lake?"

He nods, standing up and retrieving his jacket from the floor that he used for a blanket. Stretching, I get up, and ask Caleb to pass me the ointment for my leg. Even though it has nearly healed (thanks to Rue), I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

Spreading across my scar, my fingers trace the outline of it, making me twitch slightly. It's weird to think that, I'm probably going to have that imperfection forever, if miraculously I'm the victor for the 74th annual hunger games. A constant reminder of the pain I went through in the arena.

"Come on," I say, making a move towards the broken window we came through to get into this building, "Let's get going. Before something terrible happens."

Trudging along the dirty pavement, every time we turn a corner I am careful to peek around in case a tribute is lying in wait for it's next prey. But luckily, there seems to be nobody lurking.

"Hey, Prim?" Caleb says, trying to get my attention. "Um, do you know the way? It's just, we went that way yesterday thinking it was the path to the lake and it obviously wasn't..."

"Er, I think it's that way!" I say, pointing to a clearly marked pathway. He nods, and we carry on plodding along in the direction I pointed in.

Coming up to a clearing, my mouth twitches into a smile as my eyes meet the wonderful sight in front of me. The wonderful sight of water.

"Yes!" I shout, before running towards the glistening lake, a grin on my face. "Come on Caleb!" I yell back to him, and soon after, I hear the tapping of shoes slamming against the hard floor.

Peeling my jacket away from my sweating body, I plunge into the lake, and let the cool water wash over my body. Sighing deeply, I watch Caleb silently slip into the lake and swim over to where I am situated.

"Wow, that feels good," Caleb mutters, before dunking his head under the water. I watch in anticipation as  he stays under, but soon let out a sigh of relief when he bobs back up to the surface again.

"I know, doesn't it?" I agree. After a while of cooling down and finally having a wash, we decide to get out and relax for a bit whilst our clothes dry off.

"You know," I say, breaking the silence between us as we stare out in front of us, "I used to hate you."

"Aw, thanks!" Caleb exclaims, but judging by the huge grin on his face, I know he's only joking. "Love you too!" He winks. I giggle.

"No, but I mean, I told myself I'd never talk to you again after what you said to Caesar. But you know, now, I sort of think of you as my brother..." My voice is barely loud enough to hear and I end up trailing of near the end, but somehow, Caleb understands everything. He smiles at me.

"And I think of you as my sister." He replies, placing his coat down and lying back on it, so that he's facing the sky. I do the same.

I don't reply, just lie there, glad to be in his company. I've sometimes imagined what it would have been like without Caleb as an ally in the arena, but I always try and shake away that thought. But now, I realise how grateful I am for that. He's saved my life so many times, even though really he should be trying to kill me, and without him, I would have probably been killed many days ago.

"We should get moving," He comments, suddenly sitting up and squinting because of the sun shining in his eyes. I nod, watching as he takes out the flask and walks over to the lake to fill it up.

Screwing the lid on tightly, Caleb pops the container back into his bag and hauls it onto his back, gesturing to me to get up. I do just that, and soon after, we are heading back in the direction we came.

"What's the plan then?" I ask, interested to know what he thinks we should do next. Not that I always do as he tells me, it's just, I don't really have a clue what the best place to head to is. I guess that's just not one of my characteristics.

"I'm not sure." Caleb says. Then suddenly, he jumps slightly, before swiftly swivelling around, as if something has startled him.

 "Caleb?!" I exclaim, "What's up?"

He doesn't reply though, just stays staring behind us, as if something has scared him.

I'm just about to turn around to click my fingers in front of his face to get his attention, when he hisses at me, "Whatever you do, do not turn around and do not move a muscle."

And knowing that he's serious, I don't dare even breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I promise I'll update as soon as I can!

And this was a filler, but a good little cliffhanger that leads us onto the next big part of the story... And only a few more chapters left to go... :'(

Oh, and Caleb and Prim saying they think of each other as brother and sister, awwww! Cutness overload :P