Chapter 16

Minho felt... well he was jealous to get straight to the point.
He was currently walking to his apartment, taking some additional turns and walking down some extra streets, trying to avoid getting seen and attacked again (and also so that he wouldn't have to throw another person down some roof).
The way Minho felt was stupid. They were talking about Hyunjin here. Who cares if he met Jisung and his whole damn group of friends?
Well, Minho did, apparently.

He didn't even know why it bugged him so much, Hyunjin was his best friend, shouldn't he be happy that he met Jisung? Minho didn't want to sound possessive, but he'd lie if he were to say that the thought "but Jisung is mine", hadn't wandered through his mind at least once.

Finally at his apartment, he threw his keys on his desk once he entered and sighed. The brown folder that Vir aicha gave him, laid there. The guilt upon it making it so heavy that Minho thought that by now it should've burnt through the wooden desk. It definitely burnt his way through Minho. As excited as he was about his last mission at first, he now felt more and more at unease while thinking about it. It weighed heavily upon him. In reality, the folder weighed a few hundred grams at best.

Minho took out his phone and checked his notifications. As if they knew that they were running around his mind just minutes before, he had a text from both, Hyunjin and Jisung. But he answered neither of them. Instead, he pressed the off button until the screen went completely black, tossing it to his bead and then taking a seat at the desk. Shut out your feelings, he knew good enough how to do that.

He was about to open the folder that contained information about the Druck he had to kill but stopped. His fingers trailed across the paper's surface. It was this one person. He just had to kill this one person then it would be over. He exhaled a breath he didn't realize he was holding. He just wanted to get over with this whole shit. He slammed the folder open.

Minho sat back and stretched his arms over his head. He realized that it already went dark outside. Meaning that he sat crouched upon this folder for longer than he thought. Slow and steadily he got somewhere with the information provided in it. Minho also already tailed some people he thought were important to his case. He was more or less successful. There still was one big important information he was missing but he couldn't figure out what it was, he just knew that is was necessary in order to solve the case.

Papers, maps, newspaper articles and other information providing sheets were plastered across Minho's wall. Some stood out more than the others, Minho had highlighted some parts that he found essential. Right now though, he was stuck at a dead end. His thoughts didn't get him further forward nor back to some important thing he might've looked over.

He sighed and decided that it was probably best if he'd just take a break so he got up, took his jacket and keys, covered all the papers and sheets with a curtain and went out to get some iced coffee.

It was only as he stepped outside and the fresh air hit him that he realized, how stuffy the air in his room got. He filled his lungs with the fresh air and went down the street.

Minho didn't know if he actually became a bad assassin like Hyunjin always said, if his mind was just really focused on something else or if he was just tired but he got raided. Again.

An actually rather small guy passed him on the sidewalk but thrust him with his shoulder so that Minho stumbled a few steps backward. He remembered the dagger that he had withdrawn from the woman that had attacked him in that alleyway. It sat in his boot, it's metal burning against his skin. He glanced left and right but the guy that shoved him was nowhere to be seen. But Minho knew that this wasn't just a little accident of someone rushing past him.

He heard something behind him, a small shuffle. Now or never.

He crouched down, his hands already on the seems of his boot but before he could even grab the hilt of the dagger, someone gripped his shoulder and yanked him around.

All that he saw was a fist coming very fast and very near his face before it hit him and he blacked out.

It really wasn't his day.