Chapter 27 Part 2

Jisung clearly remembers his parents' stack of alcohol. It was in one of the cupboards, all the way up so that he couldn't reach it. Well not until he got old enough and occasionally stole some from there. The heavy bottles with their fancy design always looked noble.

The bottle standing in front of him was no different. It was some sort of Gin. It wasn't like he cared. He just went into the shop and got the first bottle that came along. Now he sat at their kitchen table staring holes in it. The sun had gone down during his staring contest but he hadn't had the strength to get up and switch the light on. So in darkness, he sat.

Back at home, alcohol always served a noble purpose. It was certainly not the case with the bottle in front of him. It served the sole purpose of getting him drunk and forgetting that he had met Lee Know. Or - well Minho apparently. But still - he couldn't get himself to open the bottle up.

Chan, Changbin and he had agreed to forego alcohol and stay sober. He really didn't want to break that agreement just because of this one guy. But Jisung had done a lot of stupid things because of him already.

In retrospect, he wished they hadn't met. Now he knew, that staying in uncertainty was better than the feeling now. The whole situation didn't get the slightest bit clearer. And apparently, Minho didn't care. He didn't even bother, being sensitive. He didn't even reckon with Jisung being angry. What had he expected? For Jisung to fall into his arms? For them to just restart where they left off? How disillusioned was that guy?!

The door to their apartment fell shut and soon enough, someone switched on the lights to their kitchen. Changbin stepped into the room. His hair was dripping wet and his eyes red-rimmed. So apparently it was raining. It was silent. Both of them needed a moment to take in the situation unfolding in front of them.

"You look like shit.", Jisung was the first to break the silence. Changbin got rid of his coat. It didn't make much of a difference though, his sweater was just as wet.

"Why thank you. I was just about to say the same thing to you.", he stepped up to the table, standing across from Jisung and suspiciously eying the bottle of gin in front of him.

"Where do you come from?", Changbin probably didn't just feel the need to take a stroll through Seoul while it poured cats. There was a slight hesitation in Changbin. Jisung was about to make a snarky remark. Really? It was clear as day that they both currently enjoyed a stay at rock bottom. Who was he discreet for? But apparently, he realized that too.

"From Felix's place.", Ah, okay. That explained a lot. During the last few months, both of them had grown really close. It went fine in the beginning but Changbin can be quite a difficult person and Felix is really determined to his idol career. Those two factors combined with their stressful schedules didn't exactly make this whole situation easy. So more often than not - the two of them stood in their own way of getting together. Changbin nodded in the direction of the gin. "What about you?"

"I saw Lee Know today. Or - well. Minho apparently.", a sober laugh escaped his body. "I thought I fell for a guy. Turns out - I don't even know his real name!", he slightly pushed the bottle away from him. The sudden urge to cry overcame him. But he wouldn't give in. Hell no.

Changbin grabbed the bottle and sat down on one of the chairs. "Well, I'm in love with a certain blondie who doesn't have their fucking shit together.", if it weren't for these absolute shit reasons, Jisung would have cherished their bonding moment.

"Hate to break it to you bro, but you don't exactly look like you've got your shit together either.", Changbin still produced a puddle under him and eyed the gin extremely interested.

"Oh, you're the one to talk. Buying that bottle after coming across your almost ex who ghosted you. Right after sleeping together, I might add.", of course, Changbin played the "ghosting" card. How predictable.