Chapter 31

Third Person's POV

"J-Jennie?"

Lisa stuttered as she muttered the name of the raging feline. Jennie planned to surprise the two because she heard how serious they are talking to each other. But she was the one who got surprised.

"H-how l-long have y-you been there?" Lisa asked once again. Fear was evident from her voice. She held tightly at the counter to support her knees that are slowly losing their strength. She tried to force out a smile, like she usually do, trying to hide the nervousness that she's feeling right now.

"Long enough to hear everything." Jennie said with a low, cold voice. She hung her head low, hiding her eyes, making the two girls in front of them to have a hard time reading her thoughts.

"Tell me it was all a lie." Jennie whispered but loud enough for them to hear.

"Jen-"

"Shut up, Rosѐ." Jennie said making the eyes of the chipmunk grew wide. She had no choice but to pursed her lips and stopped herself from talking. Even though she really wants to defend Lisa, talking to Jennie at this state is not going to be helpful.

"Now, tell me what I heard was all a joke." Jennie lifted up her head and looked at the blonde. Tears are streaming down from her raging eyes that made Lisa to look away. The aching of her heart grew even more.

"Tell me Lisa!" Jennie shouted. Frustration, anger, pain, that's what Jennie's tone show. Lisa lowered her head and gritted her teeth while clenching both of her hands inside her pocket. Tears are started to form from her eyes.

"I'm sorry." Lisa softly said. Jennie scoffed and wiped up her tears.

"Unbelievable." She said before walking out from the blonde's house.

Hearing the retreating footsteps of the feline made Lisa jolt up. When she lifted her head up, she saw Jennie was already right at the front door. Rosѐ haven't got the chance to stop Lisa because the blonde run as fast as she could. The chipmunk was left all alone from the kitchen and decided to focus her attention back to the pasta the Lisa cooked earlier.

"Jennie wait!" Lisa shouted and held Jennie's wrist, stopping her from leaving.

Jennie abruptly pull her hand away from Lisa's grip which made the blonde dumbfounded.

"Why Lisa? Why of all people? Why you need to be one of them?" Jennie said, her back is still facing the blonde. She doesn't have the will to turn around and face her. She feel betrayed by her own best friend.

"I-I tried to fight it believe me. But, every time I try, my feelings for you grew deeper. Until one day, I woke up, and realized that I love you more than a best friend. That I'm fucking in love with my own best friend."

"Since when?"

"Since that day full of thunders. Where I found you crying in the corner."

"So you're just hiding your true identity from me all this time?" Jennie said and turned around to face Lisa. Her face is a mess, tears are flowing non-stop from her eyes. Lisa don't know what to say anymore so she just went quiet.

"You fucking betrayed me! I trusted you! You knew how much I hate this kind of people! Why do you need to be like them? That's why I told you stop hanging out with that bunny!"

"Nayeon has nothing to with this! I told you being gay is not like a contagious disease! I'm gay, and there's nothing I can do about it. This is the real me, Jen."

"You know I can't accept this."

"I'm not asking for you to love me. But can you please accept me for who I am? Jennie, I m-maybe gay, but I'm still your best friend. I can't lose you Jen."