Chapter 17

Jennie's POV

I quickly went towards the bathroom. I don't know why but my whole body feels so hot. I'm fully aware that the air conditioner inside is at its full volume. And I'm pretty sure I'm fine since this morning. I went to the sink and wash my face with cold water. I can feel the heat rising up to my cheeks.

What's wrong with that monkey? Why is she dancing like that? And why is she staring at me while making those sexy moves?

"Wait. Why am I affected?" I said to myself as I stare at my flushed face at the mirror. I shook my head rapidly, hoping that this feeling would leave the hell out of me. I splashed some water again towards my face.

"You're just surprised Jennie. And that monkey is just teasing you. You know she loves goofing around." I whispered to myself. I took my hanky out and wipe my face. I make sure that I don't look like a mess before heading out of the bathroom.

My eyes furrowed instantly when I saw that bunny lurking again around Lisa. When will this girl stop?

Seems like Lisa's having a hard time, her awkward face says it all. I walk slowly towards them and seems like I got Lisa's attention quickly because she suddenly look at my direction and the look on her face became brighter.

"Hey Lili. Ready to go?" I said not minding the annoying bunny beside her. Lisa nodded cheerfully and went towards me.

"Yah. Oppa. Where are you going?"

I scoffed hearing Nayeon's aegyo. So she think she's being cute when she's doing that? Can someone tell her that it doesn't fucking suits her. And why the hell she's calling Lisa an oppa?

"Oppa? Really? Yah. When did Lisa became a guy?" I said and rolled my eyes on her.

"She's too handsome for a girl. And why do you care anyways?" Nayeon replied.

I saw Nayeon roll her eyes on me which made me furious. This girl have the guts to do that. I was about to jump at her and pull that freaking eyes of her out of its socket but Lisa wrapped her arms around my waist and lift me away from the bunny.

"Yah! Let me go! I have to teach that bunny a lesson!" I protested but Lisa ignored me and just keep on dragging me away.

Lisa just let go of me when I finally got tired and finally calm down. I noticed that we are at the school's garden. Lisa drag me all the way out here? Unbelievable. I slouch myself at a bench near us.

"What's with the face Nini?" I heard Lisa say and took a sit beside me.

"Tch. Why did you drag me away from that bunny?!" I yelled but Lisa just only laugh.

"Is there something funny? That Nayeon needs to know her place. She even called you oppa! What the fuck. And have you seen how she roll her eyes on me? The guts of that girl to that. Aish! You shouldn't carry me away!" I complained.

Lisa send me a soft smile and lean closer to me. I went speechless and my eyes grew wide as the space between us lessen. She stare at me right into my eyes and cup my cheeks. Her touch made me flinched a little.

"I don't want you to hurt yourself, Nini." Lisa said softly and still wearing that sweet smile of her. I quickly push her hand away as I'm starting to feel something weird. Lisa laugh once again and leaned her back at the bench.

"Anyway, why did you disappear all of a sudden? I was looking for you." Lisa asked. I was taken aback at Lisa's sudden question. I bit my lips, thinking how I would answer her question.

"I-I went t-to the bathroom." I said. Wait, why I'm stuttering? It's really true that I went to the bathroom right after Lisa's dance.

"Oh. Okay." Lisa casually said.

Both of us went silent, only the rustling of the leaves, and chirping of the birds can be heard. I took a deep breath and enjoy this kind of atmosphere. It's been a while since I feel this kind of peace. I looked at Lisa and saw her wearing a blank expression.

"Lili? Is there something wrong?" I asked. Lisa look at me when she heard my voice. Her eyes soften but it didn't last long.

"Come on. What's bothering you?" I asked once again.

"Well, uhm... there was this guy, h-he asked me for your number." She said.

"Who is it?"

"Actually, you know him. He's a member of the crew."

My eyes widened when Lisa said that he's a member of the crew. There's someone who popped out at my mind. Is it him?

"Tell me his name." I excitedly said. Lisa turn her head towards me.

"Is it..."

"Yes. It's him. Kim Hanbin."

Lisa's POV

"Yes. It's him. Kim Hanbin."

Jennie's eyes twinkle when I finally said his name. I tried my best not to show to her that I'm being affected right now. But seeing how happy she is, she might didn't notice it. I was wondering, does her eyes twinkle like this whenever she heard my name? Of course it don't. I'm just her best friend after all.

"Oh my God. You're not joking right?" Jennie said. She's trying her best to stay still.

"I see. You're not excited." I said trying to mask out the pain right now.

"I-I don't know how to feel! Can you imagine, Kim Hanbin asked for my number?" Jennie squealed.

Well who wouldn't act like this if you heard that your crush is asking for your goddamn number? Yes, he is Jennie's crush. She keeps on asking me what's his name when she saw him practicing with us last time. I always told her that I don't know who he is but apparently Jennie have her ways to find out who he was. And when she did? I always catch her staring him with dreamy eyes whenever she has a chance.

"Did you gave it to him?" Jennie asked curiously.

"Hell no." I said straightly.

"Bummer! Why didn't you gave it to him?" Jennie said and smacked my arm.

"That hurts! If he's really a man, he would ask it by himself." I said while rubbing the part where she hit me.

"Why does it seems like you're not happy? Or maybe I'm just imagining things." Jennie said.

I divert my attention away from her, scared that I might expose my true feelings. I can't stand seeing Jennie smiling because of someone else instead of me. Rosѐ and Jisoo came and I can't help but wonder where they went. When I bump into Nayeon, this two left me without saying anything.

"What's with her?" Jisoo said when she saw Jennie smiling like there's no tomorrow.

"Don't mind her. She's possessed." I said and stood up.

"Let's go guys. I'll treat you some ice cream." Jennie happily offered. She's humming a song while skipping her way out of the campus leaving the two girls beside me in a deep confusion.

"Lisa, why is she acting like that?" Rosѐ eyes while staring at the happy kitten.

"What would you feel if your crush suddenly asked for your number?"

"I might get crazy like what Jennie is right now."

"And that answers your question, chipmunk."

"You mean, that guy?" Jisoo asked. I just nodded in response. Rosѐ looked at me with concerned eyes and patted my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" She asked. I furrowed my eyebrows after hearing what she said. Did they know that I have a thing for Jennie? Did they know that I am gay?

"Of course I am. Why I wouldn't be?" I lied.

The two of them just nodded and run their way toward Jennie, leaving me behind, staring at my best friend. Her gummy smile of hers, I wish I was the reason.

"I'm okay."

I whispered to myself, convincing that I really am, before fastening my pace to catch up to them