Doce

Ynoa's POV

My phone rang in the middle of nowhere.

"Yes sir?" sagot ko

"I need you here." Roemer said.

"What about my son?"

"Don't worry about him. Lo said he'll take care of him."

Humigpit ang hawak ko sa phone ko. I glared at chairman.

I gritted my teeth and ended the call. I looked at Zeijan who's sitting at my swivel chair and eating cookies.

Napapikit ako dahil sa naninibugsong galit.

"Ynoa, may karapatan ako sa bata. He's my son. "

"And I am his sister, his mother, his father. His family. Just for today. Papayagan kitang makasama siya. Ngayon lang." I uttered and went to Zeijan.

"Baby, I have to go to work muna ha? Stay with him. Be a good boy." I whispered.

All throughout the meeting, my mind is blank and empty. I wasn't able to focus the whole time, I was thinking Zeijan. I may be selfish, but I am only thinking the best for my brother. Hindi na bale na ako ang masaktan, huwag lang siya.

Halos balutin ng kaba ang dibdib ko nang makitang wala si Zeijan. Dumiretso din ako sa office ni Roemer pero wala sila doon.

"Where's Zeijan?!"

"Ynoa, calm the fuck down!"

A laugh awakened the whole floor.

"Did you have fun, young boy?" It was the chairman.

He's holding Zeijan's hand, while the other is full of paperbags.

"Yes po!"

My heart hurt after seeing my brother so happy. Nang makita ako ay dumiretso sa akin.

"I have toys! I have books and also clothes!" He exclaimed happily.

"Really? What did you say then?" I asked.

His eyes widened like he forgot something. He immediately ran towards and chairman and hugged him. Even I was shocked, how much more to chairman?

"Thank you po!" He exclaimed.

The chairman laughed heartily, it echoed and filled the room. Binuhat niya ang aking kapatid sa kanyang braso.