72 | He takes you to a concert

Date: 7.22.20
Info: Details of your first concert as a couple! All 60's (or before) artists. Drug use warning! Also heads up, some details or info might not be completely accurate.

Ponyboy: You'd waited in line overnight for tickets to the Jimi Hendrix concert months ago when the radio first announced his performance. Tonight was finally the night of the concert and you were so excited to take Pony! Darry however was not very approving.

"Hey buddy, I heard on the news that fans get into trouble with drugs at his concerts!" Darry was yelling as you walked into Pony's house before the concert.

"Yeah well I'm going and there's nothing you can do to stop me!" Pony yelled back before storming out of the house (grabbing your hand while doing so and pulling you to the car).

You guys enjoyed the night at the concert, and yeah Pony did do some things for the first time that Darry wouldn't approve of. Let's just say that Darry never ended up finding out about Pony's little acid trip. But when Dally and Curly found out they were mesmerized by Pony retelling his experience.

Sodapop: It was the summer of '67 and The Mamas & the Papas concert was the talk of the town. You had happily scored two tickets to the concert days after the concert announcement, and now the day has finally come to see one of your favorite bands.

You and Soda walked hand and hand into the outdoor arena. Tulsa heat surrounded you two as you made your ways to your seats, which you do admit were far but you didn't mind. It was halfway through the concert when you felt a hand tap on your shoulder, a manager of the band stood behind you explaining they liked your enthusiasm. After a small talk with the manager (and Soda who was awe-struck) you were invited back stage after the show.

You and Soda were out until 2 am that night listening to unreleased music with the band, dancing, and sneaking food off a buffet table.

Darrel: You and Darry's relationship was new the first time you went to a concert together. You'd been together around 2 months so you were still getting to know each other. As a surprise for your 2 month anniversary, you bought 2 tickets to see your favorite artist Bob Dylan in concert. You were the most excited you'd been in ages and you expected your boyfriend, Darrel, to have the same reaction.

The concert was one of the best nights of your life. You and Darry danced, sang, laughed, and you could've sworn you both caught Bob's attention from the stage that night.

Three days later at the Curtis house you were waiting for Darry to come home from work with Soda and Steve. You overheard Soda talking to Steve (neither of whom knew about the concert) about how much Darry hated Bob Dylan's music. You were shocked.

You asked Darry later that night and he came clean. Darry admitted he wasn't Bob's biggest fan, but he faked it the night at the concert because he just wanted to have fun with you.

Dallas: You bought tickets to the
Elvis Presley show in late fall planning to go with your then boyfriend, Paul. It was now Spring & the day before the show. You were sitting on the Curtis boys couch surrounded by hormonal teenage wrecks watching Mickey Mouse and drinking till they passed out. You were lost in the room concentrating on who you were supposed to bring - it definitely could not be any of these guys, they'd embarrass you too bad - and there was no way you'd go by yourself to the concert.