83 | He sees you crying

Date:
Info:

Ponyboy:

Sodapop:

Darrel: You'd had the worst day ever. You spilt hot coffee on yourself on the way to work and had to drive all the way back home to change. Your boss was mad because you came in late and was in a mood to yell. You dropped a box of office supplies on your foot leaving a giant bruise. And when you were pulled over and given a traffic ticket on your way home.

You were feeling so relieved when you finally reached your front doorstep, a break from the world for 12 hours; and then you'd be back at it again tomorrow. Disappointment hit as you walked through the front door. Flames struck the air and Johnny and Ponyboy came running out of the kitchen in search of a fire extinguisher. You took felt the adrenaline rushing and ran to the extinguisher which the boys had no luck in finding. Taking out the stovetop fire, you were grateful you were there; otherwise the scene may have ended differently.

Grateful still wasn't enough, in an upheaval of overwhelm you dropped to your knees and began to sob. Johnny and Pony watched in confusion silently, they had no idea how to respond. As this was happening Darry walked through the door returning home from work. The moment he saw you on the kitchen floor he ran to you shoo-ing away the boys as if you wouldn't notice. He sat on the floor beside you and pulled you up into his lap. You sat in his lap for a minute silently sobbing with your face pressed against his chest. You pulled away and looked him in the eyes softly.

"It's just been a tough day" you quietly let out.

Darry pulled you back into his chest. "It will be a better one tomorrow babe. I promise. For now just breath."

And so you two sat there for what seemed like forever, taking each breath one by one in heartfelt silence.

Dallas:

Two-bit:

Johnny:

Steve:

Tim: