19 | You Comfort him.

Date: 8.12.19
Info: how you would comfort your greaser.

Ponyboy: You and Ponyboy were laying atop his bed, the gang in the living room. You two were determined to read every single page of a book he checked out at the library.

The title read 'The Best of Robert Frost'. It was a book of poems all by the American poet Robert Frost.

You cuddled into the warmth of Pony listening to the soothing sound of his voice reading, then the smooth turning of the page. "Your turn" Pony smirked handing you the book.

The book was opened to a page labeled 'Nothing Gold Can Stay'. You began to recite, still wrapped in Pony's arms.

"Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf,
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day
Nothing gold can stay."

You heard small sniffles, and looked up over your shoulder.

"That was so beautiful" said Ponyboy. You wiped a tear away from his cheek and held his head down on your chest.

"Read it again" he begged. And so you did.

Sodapop: The day was Sunday, May 9th, 1965. Mother's Day. A fun day for most, but an agonizing day for some.

Your boyfriend Sodapop was that some.

Rather than let him and his brothers be torn down by the holiday, you decided to invite them to Mother's Day lunch at your grandmothers house. Your family knew Soda as family so they welcomed him, Ponyboy, and Darrel with open arms. Boy, do I mean open arms. As soon as you all stepped in that door you were greeted with kisses, hugs, and strong scents of white diamonds and potato salad.

It was the middle of lunch. You, your family, and the Curtis brothers sat scattered around the house. Everyone was enjoying each other's company. Everyone was catching up, laughing, reminiscing.. except for Sodapop, who sat alone on the couch.

"I'm gonna excuse myself" soda told you before walking outside quickly. Without any thought you followed behind.

"What's wrong Sodapop?" You asked grabbing his shoulder making him turn around and face you. "It's just hard y'know, seeing everyone together. Mom and dad. It's something I'll never have", you pulled soda into you and he sobbed for a minute in the crook of your neck.

"Of course you have it, their your family now. And since your stuck with me, your stuck with them." Soda have you a slight smile.

After a minute of helping Soda to regain his composure you two walked back into the house. The rest of the day Soda joined in on conversation with your mom and dad, he was one of the family.

Darrel: You were in the kitchen washing up a few dishes from dinner earlier. It was 10pm, your boyfriend Darrel told you he was planning on coming home late, but you sure didn't expect him to be home this late.

You heard the front door slam open then closed, and heavy footsteps trail throughout the house. Before you even made it into the living room Darrel was already sitting in his recliner, he looked like he could have exploded with anger.

"Darry are you ok?" You asked hesitantly. You hated when Darry was like this, he had a bad temper and it would usually end in big arguments.