Stranger

Cell 52181.

The cell of patient Samuel Golbach.

The boy sat in the room. His skin pale, eyes bloodshot from the lack of sleep. Silence surrounding him.

He never smiled, never talked to anyone.

He had friends once. He had a lover. That was until he realized it wasnt real.

Sam suffers from a mental illness called, Schizophrenia. At some points he can't tell the difference between whats real and whats not.

He never slept. He couldn't. He had problems falling asleep and when he did he had night terrors. He preferred to stay awake.

He would lay awake and listen to the sounds around him. He was trapped in the building.

Rosemary Sanatorium. A place of true horror.

Sam always watched the new patients come in. He kept track of what they looked like.

A boy. Average height. Pink hair and brown eyes. He was young.

Something about him was familiar to the blonde.

The boy had kind eyes and a caring smile.

Sam let out a small sigh. He couldn't remember why the boy was so familiar to him. He was brought in a few months after Sam was.

"Rise and shine patients! Get up and into the day room!" Sam heard a voice yell. He carefully stood up.

His cell door opening slowly. He walked out of his cell. His eyes landing on the pink hair boy.

Sam hummed quietly, trying to figure out who the boy was. He continued walking to the day room.

Carefully looking around, Sam's eyes landed on an empty chair sat by the window. He walked over to it, sitting down.

"Excuse me?" A quiet voice said, making the blonde look up.

His eyes landed on the boy in front of him. He gasped quietly.

"I-I noticed you don't talk very much..." the boy said shyly.

Sam swallowed quickly, bringing his hand out. "I'm Sam.." he said watching the boy shake his hand.

"My names Jake.." the boy said, quickly pulling his hand away. Sam looked down gently.

"I know..." he said quietly. Jake looked at him, a confused expression covering his face.

"Have we met before?" Jake said, his eyes filled with wonder. Sam shook his head.

Jake nodded softly before quickly walking away. His eyes landing on the blonde occasionally.

Hours went by. Jake kept looking at Sam through the day.

"Alright patients! Make your way back to your cells!" A guard yelled. Sam looked around, his eyes meeting Jake's.

He quietly stood up. His eyes breaking contact with the pink haired boy. He quickly made his way back to his cell. His eyes looking around the dim room. A small bed in the corner. A desk against the wall. Extra clothing lay on top of the surface. A notebook and pencil laying next to them.

Sam sighed, walking over to the desk and sitting down. The cell door closing and locking behind him.

He opened the notebook, carefully writing something in the book.

He wrote slow and careful. His writing small and cursive. His handwriting beautifully written.

Jake.

Sam hummed, closing the notebook carefully.

Yelling interrupted his thoughts. He quickly looked at his cell door.

"Please I don't like it here.. its dark a-and cold... I want to go home..." a voice yelled. Sam watched as a brunette boy was pulled past his door. The boy was struggling to get away. He had tears streaming down his face.

Sam watched as the stranger was roughly thrown into a cell. The door closing loudly behind him.

Sam sat as he heard sobs from the cell down from him. Sniffles and whispers followed the sobs. He couldn't quite make out what the boy was saying.

Sam furrowed his eyebrows. Was the boy singing to himself?