Introduction

Colby looked around the room carefully. His eyes meeting blue from across the room. He gasped quietly, quickly averting his eyes.

"Are you okay Colby?" Jake said, making Colby look at him.

He nodded his head, a small smile on his face.

"How are you so happy for being here? It seems like you aren't meant to be here." Jake says quietly, turning his attention to the brunette.

"My mom always told me to s-smile..." Colby said softly, his eyes landing on the floor.

"We need to get you comfortable. Lets introduce you to other patients!! Get that stutter away!" Jake says, grabbing Colby's hand and pulling him over to a small boy.

"Colby this is Bryden, Bry this is Colby. He came in last night" Jake introduced the two boys.

"Hi!" The small boy says cheerily. Colby waves slightly.

Bryden pulls Colby to sit down in front of him.

"How old are you? I'm 9." Bryden smiled.

"I'm 16" Colby said softly. He looked over and saw a blonde boy walk out with an older man.

"Hey Jake?" Colby called quietly, Jake turned around and looked at him.

"Yeah whats wrong?" Jake asked, sitting down next to Bryden.

"Who is that blonde?" Colby asked as Sam walked out the door. Jake hummed, licking his lips slightly.

"His name is Sam... that's about all everyone knows about him... he doesn't talk to people, it seems like he doesn't sleep. He's always awake..." Jake explains. Colby looked back at Jake.

"How long has he been here? Not sleeping sounds awful..." Colby mutters. Jake smiles.

"Your stutter is gone" Jake says, a smile never leaving his face. Colby looks at the ground slightly.

"Okay ill tell you what I know about him. His name is Sam he was in here way before I was.. he doesn't talk to people. He doesn't sleep. He always distances himself. Somehow he knew my name before i even told him it.." Jake explained quietly. Colby looked up at Jake, his eyes meeting the brown ones.

"He knew your name before you told him?" Colby asked. Jake nodded his head.

"Colby do you feel okay?" Jake asked softly. Colby sat in front of him, hands gripping the bottom of his shirt. He turned a pale color. He opened his mouth to speak before closing it quickly. Sweat dripping from his hair. He shook his head feverishly. His vision turned black as he collapsed to the ground.

"Colby!" Jake yelled, immediately rushing to his side. A guard rushed over to the boys.

"What happened?" He asked as he leaned down touching Colby's forehead softly.

"H-he just collapsed... he was pale.. I think he's sick.." Jake explained, worriedly. The guard carefully lifted Colby up, placing him on a gurney.

Sam walked into the room, looking over at the guards with Colby. Jake quickly stood up.

"Is he going to be okay?" He asked quickly, the guard nodded before pulling the boy on the gurney out of the room.

Jake looked over locking eyes with Sam. He watched Sam's eyes turn worried as the boy was taken away.

Jake quickly walked over to Sam.

"Do you know him?" Jake asked, crossing his arms. Sam looked at Jake.

"Excuse me?" Sam asked, his eyes never leaving Jake's.

"Do you know him? You look at him like you do. You stared at him since he got here. I'm guessing you already know his name and you are looking at him like you are worried." Jake said, voice turning annoyed.

Sam rolled his eyes, turning to walk away. Jake quickly grabbed his arm, stopping him from walking away.

"Why are you here?" Jake asked. Sam pulled his arm away.

"I'm here because I need to be here." Sam replied, walking away from Jake.

Jake looked over at Sam, staring at him in confusion.

What was Sam hiding? Jake thought. He was going to find out.