Risk

Tension filled the area quickly. As the two boys stared at each other silently.

The brunette was first to break eye contact as he scoffed. "But i can't do that. You have the keys." Colby spoke as he turned away, continuing his track down the hall.

"And you call me a liar." The blonde spoke bitterly. Nonetheless, following the taller silently.

Colby looked around the dark corridor, a door catching his attention. He quietly walked toward it, looking through the small window. He scanned the room, seemingly a small office with no other doors.

Sam looked back at the brunette, getting a small shake of the head. The blonde sighed as he continued his track.

It seemed as though they walked down the simple corridor for hours. A main door filled the end of the hallway. The two glanced at each other.

Sam quickly ran up to the door, giving it a soft shove. The door opened with a creak. He peeked into the room on the other side of the doorway.

The room was big, pipes and machines lined the walls. Another big door sat on the wall furthest from them. A staircase just to the left of the door tucked in the corner, leading to a balcony on top.

They quietly walked into the room, both scanning the blackness around them. A few doors lined the balcony, and soft noises from the machines filled the air.

Colby led the boys to the doorway, going through it cautiously. Another empty hallway on the other side. A noise rang through the air, making colby stop walking. Sam gasped quietly as he moved closer to the brunette.

The two stood silently, and another loud noise rang through the door behind them. They quickly ran through the long corridor, empty walls passing them in a blur.

Another large door came in sight as they quickly opened it. Colby quickly put a pipe through the door, barricading it weakly.

Sam quickly scanned the large room in front of them. He recognized it. Colby quickly came behind him, scanning the room.

"Wait, isn't this.." Colby spoke, getting interrupted by the blonde. "The entrance of this place. This is where you check in." He spoke as he walked over to the counter.

"So then we should be able to leave?" Colby spoke hopefully as he looked at the blonde.

Sam smiled as he walked over to the door leading into the front office. He carefully tried the first three keys with no luck. With a sigh, the blonde tried the last one, and the door opened with a click.

Sam smiled as he looked at the brunette, who wore a matching smile. The two enter the room, quietly starting their search.

A loud noise interrupted their search as they watched the door flex. They quickly locked the front office as they ducked behind the counter to hide.

They sat silently as they heard the door give with a loud bang. Voices filled the room. Two people.

"They went this way." One of the voices spoke. Footsteps filled the room, flashlights shining against the walls.

One of the people came close to the counter, stopping. He shined his flashlight across the front desk.

"I think i heard something this way." The other person spoke quickly. The footsteps got quiet as the people left.

The two boys sighed, quietly continuing their search of the area.