Lucidity

Colby opened his eyes, slowly looking around the room. He was in an office. There was a desk, two bookshelves and a file cabinet. Sat next to the desk was two chairs and one behind the desk. 

Books lined the bookshelves. He carefully sat up, looking at the couch he was sitting against. 

"Oh finally your awake" he heard a voice call out, followed by a door closing. Colby jumped. His vision turning to the man in the room. 

Colby sighed, noticing the familiar man.

"W-where am I?" Colby asked quietly. 

"My office" Elton said, walking over to his desk. "Sit here, lets talk" he says softly.

Colby carefully got off the couch. He walked over to the desk, sitting down in the chair across from the older man. 

"Colby, this is a place where you can talk to me about anything. Nobody will know what we talk about unless you want to tell." Elton says carefully. Colby watches as the man sits down. He nods his head quietly.

"W-what do we talk about?" Colby asked shyly. Elton chuckled quietly.

"Lets talk about why you're here" Elton said, taking out his notebook. Colby looked down at his hands, softly biting his bottom lip.

"U-um... my mom s-sent me here..." Colby mutters quietly.

"Why did she send her here?" Elton asked.

"I-i don't k-know..." Colby says, never looking up from his hands.

"This is a safe place Colby. You can tell me anything." Elton says carefully. Colby looks up at him.

"I-i hurt people... a-alot of them..." Colby says softly.

"How many people did you hurt Colby?" Elton asked. Colby brought his hand to his mouth, carefully biting at his fingernails.

"I-im not sure.. m-maybe 15 or 20..." Colby looked down, tears threatened to fall from his eyes. 

"Can you remember how you did it?" Elton asked, causing Colby to nod his head slightly.

"I-I pushed someone from a b-building.. i h-hurt the couple who k-killed my brother... u-um... i-i think a f-family?" Colby said quietly, struggling to get his words out clearly. 

"I'm going to say what I know, see if you remember anything. Is that alright Colby?" Elton asked. Colby nodded his head slightly.

"You pushed a man from a building under self-defense. You killed Neil Webber and his girlfriend Anna-Marie Crane. You burnt down a house with a family inside, killing the Kaufmans. Eight people died in a shooting at the School, you held the gun and you killed your stepfather. Do you remember any of this?" Elton said. Colby looked up at him, tears in his eyes. 

"I-im a good person... m-my mom always t-told me that... w-why would I h-hurt anyone..." Colby stuttered. Elton sighed quietly. 

"We will get you a bed for your room." Elton said, standing up and walking to the door. 

Colby carefully stood up, quickly wiping the tears from his eyes. He walked over to the door, opening it. A guard stood against the wall. 

"Have a good night Colby." Elton said. Colby waved before his arm was grabbed by the guard. He was taken back to his room. 

A mattress laid on the ground. Colby sighed quietly, he sat down carefully. 

He quietly laid down, looking around the room. He heard movement come from a few rooms down, making him sit up quickly. 

Pulling his legs up to his chest, Colby buried his face in his knees. He covered his ears tightly. He wanted the sounds to stop. 

---------------------------------------------------------
This chapter is extremely late and i apologize. Its been a crazy week 😊