Numb

The day room was filled with voices. Sam leaned against the wall, watching as people got pulled to the side for family visits. He sighed. They never grabbed him. No one ever came to visit him.

He watched as the faded pink hair was brought to a different room. He scanned the room, watching as the room slowly became emptied.

Sam stared out the window when he heard the door open, catching his attention. He watched as guards came into the room, a brown haired boy pulled in behind them.

Sam stared at the boy, his throat going dry. There he was. The brunette he searched for day and night. His eyes met the boys. They were dull, all light left them as the boy stared at the guard in front of him.

They were taking the cuffs off before stepping to the side. All eyes on the brunette boy.

Sam quietly watched as the other boy rubbed his wrists. They were covered in bruises. His arms covered with scars as the boy pulled his sleeves down.

"Are you okay?" Sam asked, staring at the pale brunette. He watched as the boys eyes met his. Eyes that he didn't recognize anymore. Colby never spoke to him, he just stared back at the blonde. His eyes dark, a smile never appeared on his face.

Sam sighed as he remembered when he first saw him. He was a happy boy, always smiling. His light snuffed out by the torture he endured.

Sams eyes trailed over the only other boy in the room, his eyes landing on the boys' hands.

The brunette counted his fingers repeatedly. He had his eyes closed. Sam watched as the boy stopped his count, something catching his attention.

A guard slowly walked over to the boy, dropping a book into his lap. Colby looked up at the guard, his expression unreadable as he stared at the guy in uniform. He watched as the guard laughed before turning his back to the brunette on the ground.

Sam gasped as the boy chucked the book at the guard that was retreating from him. The book hit the guard with a loud thud before falling to the ground. Colby laughed as the guard looked at him, a dark expression on his face.

"Get up." The guard pulled the brunette to his feet. "Guess where you are going?" the man laughed as he shoved the brunette towards the door.

Sam caught eye contact with the boy before he was pulled away. He looked over at the book laying on the ground. He walked over, picking it up, as he opened it up to the first page. He read the name at the top of the book, Bryden Parker, sloppy handwriting sprawled across the page.

Sam looked around the room. It was now empty, he was the only person in the area now. He sighed softly as he walked over to the window. He watched as cars came and went, no one bothering to pull the blonde boy.

A noise rang out through the room, catching Sam's attention. He turned and saw the faded pink hair.

"Is there someone to visit you?" Sam said quietly to the other boy. He watched as Jake shook his head.

"I dont have anyone. My parents didn't want me anymore since my brother's accident." Jake said as he looked over at the blonde. "I shouldn't say accident. His life was cut short by another." He spoke, his voice rough as he mentioned it.

Sam nodded his head, his attention brought back to the window. "Bryden was the closest to family i had left." He heard the voice say before the boy retreated down the hall.

He opened his mouth to speak, and no words came out. A noise from a room catching his attention. Sam slowly walked towards the door, a soft buzzing coming from inside.

A sudden scream broke out from the room. Sam jumped, stepping back from the door as he heard crying fill the space.

"I didn't do it!" He heard a voice cry from the room, followed by another scream. Sam recognized the voice as the brunette boy.

Sam listened as the guards interrogated the boy. He heard the machine start up, another pained noise coming from inside. He slowly stepped back, realization hitting him.

They were torturing him. How was that legal? Sam thought as he made his way down the hall to his cell.

His eyes landed on the mattress in the room across from him. The cell remained empty as the screams floated through the corridors.