Fragile

A loud beeping sounded in his ears. His eyes fluttering open.

"You're awake." A voice started, making the boy jump.

"W-where am I?" Colby asked quietly, his eyes looking around the room.

"You passed out Cole-" the voice started, being cut off.

"Colby... my name is Colby" he says softly, correcting the voice.

"Right. Colby, you passed out. We couldn't figure out what happened. Can you tell us anything?" The voice replied.

Colby shook his head. His eyes wandered around the room.

"Let me introduce myself. My name is Carter Boone. I am here to give you your treatment." He said, a smile filled his face. Colby had an uneasy feeling in his stomach as he watched the man.

"I-im sorry.. I don't feel very comfortable... I don't know what medication im taking... a-and I don't feel very g-good..." Colby replied, moving closer to the wall. Tightly gripping the blanket that was on top of him.

"That's fine. You wont feel a thing." Carter said, as he filled a needle with a fluid.

"W-what is that... what are you doing?" Colby asked, quickly pulling the blanket over himself more. He watched as the man walked over to the bed.

"Give me your arm Colby." Carter said, reaching for the blanket. Colby quickly kicked the man away from him. The man stumbled.

"You shouldn't have done that. You little shit." The man roughly grabbed Colby's ankle pulling him closer to the end of the bed. Colby kicked at the man again. Struggling to get away from him.

Colby kicked the man hard, making him fall back into a machine. Water spilling onto the floor. Colby watched as the man got electrocuted. His heart stopping.

Colby pulled the blanket over his head. His knees going to his chest, hiding his face in his knees. Tears running down his face. He cried as he gripped his legs.

A door opened, a gasp ringing through his ears. He heard footsteps, before a hand landed on his back. Colby screamed trying to get away from the hand.

"Hey! Its okay! Its okay im not going to hurt you!" A man's voice said, pulling Colby into his chest.

Colby looked up at the man, tears in his eyes.

"My name is Dr. Castee. I'm here to help you.. I wont hurt you Colby." The man said. Colby quickly hugged him, crying into the mans chest.

"I-I didn't mean too... h-he was trying to hurt m-me... i k-kicked him..." Colby cried as he tried explaining himself.

"Its okay.. I understand" Dr. Castee said as he rubbed the boys back. Colby sobbing as he gripped tightly onto the man in front of him.

"Can you tell me what happened Colby?" The doctor said quietly. Colby sniffled, wiping his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt.

"H-he said he was going to give me my treatment... he had a needle... i-i didn't know what it was.." Colby stuttered, tears running down his face.

"Its okay.. that wont happen again. I'll make sure you're safe." Dr. Castee said, running his hand down the boys back.

"Lets get you back to your room." He said quietly. Colby shook his head.

"Theres no bed..." he said quietly, his voice drifting off. He was falling asleep. Dr. Castee carefully picked the boy up, taking him to his office.