Retaliation

Sam stared at Colby silently, waiting for an explanation. He sighed.

"You need to explain. Who is that guy?" Sam questioned. Colby shrugged, walking to the cot and sitting down.

"His name is Brennan. We used to be friends when i was younger." Colby explained. He heard Jake scoff behind him.

"That's it, really? What family member of his did you kill?" Jake raised his voice. Footsteps came closer to the room. Colby grabbed Jake quickly, covering his mouth with his hand. Sam watched as a man checked the door, not seeing anyone.

Colby slowly let go of Jake when he saw the man leave. The pink haired man shoved the brunette away from him. Colby scoffed, walking away from the two boys.

"I dont need to tell you my backstory. Mind your own damn business." Colby said as he grabbed a loose pipe from the bed. He examined it before looking at the boys.

"What if we all shared a fact with each other? We gotta work together. I'll go first." Sam hummed as he thought. "I wasn't brought in here by my parents." Sam said, looking at the other two.

Jake sighed. "Okay. What the hell. I am in this place because my parents couldn't handle looking at me after my brother died." He looked at Sam, avoiding eye contact with the brunette near him. Sam glanced at Colby expectingly, waiting for his explanation.

Colby shrugged. "I dont know what to tell you guys. I mean ive know everything i did this whole time. Except that kid, im really not sure if that was me." Jake scoffed, glaring at the brunette.

"You did do that. You're sick in the head. He just turned 10 years old! What is wrong with you?" Jake yelled. Sam immediately shushing the boy. "I get it. You're mad. But you are gonna get us killed. You need to shut the hell up, and we need to go." Same looked between the two. Both boys nodded their heads as they got ready to leave. 

Colby quietly pushed the door open, the siren getting louder as they walked down the hall. The brunette led the way as the others followed behind him. He stopped, turning to look at the boys. Jake gripped Sams arm as they stopped.

An announcement rang through the corridors. The building was officially in lockdown. Gunshots rang out through the silence. Loud footsteps coming closer as people were running through the halls. Colby quickly navigated the group through the crowded halls.

The doors to the day room stood in front of them. Blood was splattered on the door. A metallic noise breaking through the door.

The metallic banging got louder as colby peeked through the window. The man standing inside the room stared out the window as he hit the pipe against the cement floor.

Colby glanced at the boys with him before looking back at the room. His head still rang from his last encounter with the man.

He gripped the pipe before slowly making his way into the room. Sam and Jake stayed behind, keeping a lookout for other dangers.

"Should've killed me when you had a chance, Taylor." Colby spoke calmly, staring at the man in front of him. "You see, i do remember your brother. I remember his face when he saw you." Colby smirked. "He died thinking you were gonna follow behind him. But i am better than that. You leave someone with that trauma, and it follows you the rest of your life." Brennan turned around, staring at the smaller man standing behind him. Colby grinned at the man.

"You fight dirty, handsome. Let's do it fair this time, yeah?" Colby spoke to the man, a grin never leaving his face as the other man squared him up.