Strictly Business~ Seizures and Sneezing

R

     Education

     V

     E

     N

     G

     E

     PHASE ONE

     Five minutes later and Kristina is sitting on Weston’s couch with Weston and me standing in front of her in an interrogation stance.  I believe we’re going for a good cop/bad cop sort of thing, which  pleases me, since it gives me the long-awaited opportunity to be the bad cop. 

     “You have exactly two minutes to explain why you’re here.”  I almost put a threat at the end of that statement, but considering the fact that Kristina probably wouldn’t think I’d follow-through, I decided to leave it off.

     “Getting pushy, are you?”  Kristina raises an eyebrow towards me.

     “Kristina, things will move along much smoother if you give an explanation.”  Weston says, calmly.

     “Look, we both have a common enemy.  We both want Jackson torn to shreds.  I came here because I knew that you two were the only ones that would be interested in destroying Jackson for everything he is.”  She says.

     I frown.  “And why would you want to destroy Jackson?  He’s your boyfriend.”

     “Yesterday, when he didn’t think I was listening, I overheard him talking on the phone about my father.  He owns a construction business.  And apparently, Jackson’s dad wants to have a building constructed, for some software company he’s about to own.  But while he was talking, I specifically heard him say that the only reason he’s still with me is because he knows I can convince my dad to give free labor to his dad.  He’s been buddy-buddy with me so that I’ll make him sound so nice to my dad, and in turn, my dad, being the generous guy that he is, would construct the entire building for free.  So it’s safe to say, I’m ticked off.”

     He’s doing it again.  He has the audacity to do the same thing he did to me again!  This is absolutely ridiculous.  That is if Kristina is telling the truth.  “And how do I not know that Jackson put you up to say all this?”

     She rolls her eyes.  “Look, you can sit here and try to calculate whether or not I’m being sincere, or you can take my word for it and work with me.  Being that I’m still ‘in a relationship’ with Jackson, I’ll be a key player in destroying him.  I can get the inside scoop.  I can play both sides.  So, it’s up to you.  I made you an offer.  You can decide whether or not you want to take it.”

     I look over at Weston, and he looks over at me.  We both don’t trust her, but she makes a good case.  Having her on our side can aid us in getting rid of Jackson.  We can win this, if she doesn’t turn out to be a twisted liar who’s setting us up for our own detriment.  It’s a risk.  A risk I’m not sure I’m ready to take. 

     “Alright.  You’re in.”  Weston says without a doubt.  I stare at him, flabbergasted.  Is he really this willing to accept her just like that?  “But there are rules.  We already have a plan, and you’ll follow it exactly.  If I feel you are up to anything suspicious, not only are you out, but I’ll make sure all those creepy little secrets of your personal life are on full display, for the entire school district to see.”

     “Deal,” she says, but Weston holds up a finger.

     “One more thing.  If you make one degrading or derogatory comment towards Addelyn, I will… well, I’ll leave that one to your imagination.  Do I make myself clear?”