Strictly Business~ Miranda Rights and Tragedies

Reputation

     E

     V

     E

     N

     G

     E

     Interlude, Part 2

     He is going to get it. 

     This is it.  This is the last straw.  I’m not putting up with this any further.  Weston needs to be taught a serious lesson, and if I have to be the one to do so, the I sure as heck with be that person.  I’m tired of this—sick, even.  Here, Weston is supposed to be doing things to show he appreciates me, to prove that he really does care.  And what does he do?  He destroys my date, and causes us to get reprimanded by the law. 

     And then what he said.  I always win.  He’s so confident.  So sure of himself.  Like he’s some sort of invincible mastermind that can do dirt to other people but never have any consequences for his actions.  It’s time for him suffer.  It’s time for him to deal with the irritation.

     But you know what makes it hard?  He’s clean.  All of the things he’s done is cleaned up so that none of the fingers point back at him.  He never seems to make any mistakes. 

     Except for this time.  This time he’s set himself up to lose and he doesn’t even know it.  How?

     The wallet.

     And as I get home that evening, I know that the wallet is the one thing that will wipe that smirk right off his face.  He was moving quick, on impulse.  And this time, he messed up.

     I can’t even walk inside the house, before I pull out my phone and dial Jocelyn.   “Hello?”

     “Hey, Jocelyn.  It’s Addelyn.”

     “Hey!  I’ve been waiting for your call.  How’d that date go?  Is Garrett a keeper?”

     “Long story, short.  Weston swooped in and destroyed the whole thing.  The date ended with Garrett and I being accused with dining and dashing.” 

     “Oh my god.  You’re kidding.”

     “I wish I was.”

     “So… what are you going to do?”

     “I’m going to make him pay.”

     “How?”

     I pause, thinking over this for a second, before smiling.  “Jocelyn, your mom is a cop right?”

     “Sure, but I don’t know what she has to do with anything.”

     “I was wondering if your mom would possibly be free tomorrow.  I believe the school would benefit from seeing just what happens when pranks go bad.”  An evil grin spreads on my face.  I continue to explain my idea to Jocelyn, and by the end of it, she’s bubbling with just as much excitement as me.  All I know is that tomorrow, Weston’s going to learn a lesson that he will never forget.

     ***

     “Mrs. Mathis, I can’t thank you enough for showing up.”  Words do not explain my joy as Jocelyn’s mother exits the blue and white cop car, in the school parking lot.  Jocelyn stands next her a proud smile on her face.