Strictly Business~ Deflating Boobs and Dangerous Snooping

A/N:  Only one person was closest to the reason why Jackson and Weston stopped being friends.  So I dedicate this chapter to  her!  :D

     I have to know.  I absolutely, positively must know what went down between Jackson and Weston.  And believe me, I’m going to find out even if it kills me.

     I left Chris and Jocelyn in the cafeteria, determined to find out the reasons behind this physical fight.  I know Jackson would never fight back.  He’s like a little Chihuahua—all bark, no bite.  That means that Jackson had to stand back and subject himself to Weston’s fury.   I can only imagine what Weston put him through.  Jackson is the type of guy who’ll never hit, even if you pummel him to a pulp.  Weston should be ashamed of himself, and if he isn’t, I’m sure going to make him feel a lot worse after I’m done with him.

     I reach the infirmary first, and start to reach for the door, but I stop before I open it.  I need to check on Jackson.  I need to see what kind of damage he’s in, and figure out a way to rectify our friendship despite Weston’s bitterness.  But I can’t.  It’s like my conscience has turned into a miniature Chris, and suddenly, his words are flying through my head, causing me to stop.

     ‘By the time this is all over, you’ll want nothing to do with Jackson.’  He had said.  What did he mean?  If anything, I want nothing to do with Weston at this point.  But I remember the look on his face— distain.  And that image was enough to make me pull back my hand and head to the Principal’s office instead.

     I spot Weston before I reach the office.  He’s at his locker, back turned to me.  I narrow my eyes, harboring so much anger that I didn’t know what to do with it.  Getting physical is a big no-no, and I want to know what died in his mind to make him think that was a good move. 

      I place my hands on my hips, in defensive mode.  “You have some serious explaining to do.”

     He turns around to face me, a small smile on his face.  I notice a small bruise on his left cheek, and I start to doubt whether Jackson is as puppy-like as I thought.  “I was wondering when you were going to show up.  Come to check on me?”

     “I could care less about you right now.  What I do care about is why you and Jackson got in a fight?”

     He frowns, leaning his back against the locker.  He looks so cocky, like he was proud of what he’d done.  It grated my nerves.  “You said that wrong.  It’s not why Jackson and I got in a fight.  It’s why Jackson attacked me.”

     “Attacked you? What are you talking about?”

    “I’m saying that the guy you’re so willing to go to bat for is the one who started this whole mess.  I was attacked, and so, I was forced to defend myself.” 

     I roll my eyes.  That has to be the sorriest excuse I’ve ever heard.  “Jackson would never—”

     “Yeah, yeah, I’ve heard it all before.  Jackson would never do this.  Jackson would never do that.”  He mocks.  “I just find it hilarious how you’re in love with someone you don’t even know.”

     “I know everything about Jackson.”  I reply, matter-of-factly.

     “Yeah, alright Addelyn.”  His tone leads me to think that he doesn’t believe me.  “Look, apparently whether he attacked me or not, the principal saw me punching him, so I’m the one suspended for the week.  I’ve got to go.”

     He closes his locker and starts to head towards the school exit.  “Hey, I’m not done talking to—”

     “Addelyn!”  I hear Kristina’s chipper voice reverberate down the hallway.  “Addelyn, I’ve been looking all over for you!  We’ve got cheer practice during the last thirty minutes of lunch!”