CHAPTER NINE

Dedicated to @Lily1823 (Hope I've got it right) For your comment on the last chapter, it gave me one huge smile. 

Even though I was not too excited to be a forced bride, this would definitely not be the way I would have wanted to meet my mother-in-law.

This wasn't a dressed to impress kind of a situation. I was in my Pj's, I had just got out of bed with my hair flying around in all directions, I had bad breath and last of all she looked pretty tall  from where I was sitting (on my bum may I add), not the best first impression at all if I do say so myself.

Omar was looking at me with amusement, pursing his lips as to not let his laughter out. I bet he will be laughing soon enough. He was holding out his hand to pull me up which I reluctantly agreed.

Blushing as pink as I could, I said salam to the intimidating woman in front of me. Well look on the bright side- She may not like me (Looking at her eyes she clearly doesn't) so she may not accept me, she may force Omar to leave me and I could go back to England and my life would be good again!

So optimistic aren't I?

I was still looking down and blushing when I heard laughter. Both Omar and his mother were laughing at the situation. I knew he was a traitor, I said that he would laugh didn't I? I am never wrong! Their laughter was so contagious that very soon, I couldn't help but laugh along with them.

A while later I was having breakfast with both of them looking like a decent civilain. No more frizzy hair or Pjs. His mom tried to make little talk with me and I obliged, she looked intimidating but she was pretty easy to talk to.

"You both are getting married again with traditions and rituals, I spoke to your dad and he feels the same. Maybe next month or so In sha Allah."

"We have to decide the venue, the food, the wedding dress, my only son so much to do!" she said fanning herself

"So much for convincing him for years to get married! One day he returns from aboard with a wife and we find out through the tabloids. What a son!" She says dramatically.

"Not that I am complaining- Better married without telling your parents then never married at all," She added glaring at her son.

"I am sorry Umi (Mother)," he said and I could see genuine regret in his eyes. If only his regret was for forcing me to get married to him, but that was only wishful thinking.

A while later Um left from the house and I hurried to my room Omar following behind.

"You didn't tell Um", he said more to himself than to me.

"I thought you would tell her I forced you but you didn't," he said gratefulness filling his eyes.

"Would there be any use telling her? What is done is done. The past cannot be undone. My life is ruined forever and nothing can be done about it, so why should I tell your mom? She would just feel more hurt and I don't want her to be more hurt than she already is because of you."

Emotions clouded his eyes. Pain being the most dominant of them all.

"Will you let me explain? I want this to work out." He said pointing his hand at both of  us.

"There is no us Omar, there is only me and  you."

"Can you sit down please?"

I knew I was being difficult but would his explanation change the way I think about him? Right. I thought so too.