PART TWO- CHAPTER ONE

She was there again, whirling around as the wind blew. The most beautiful little girl you could have ever seen. Her chocolate brown wave length hair touching her waist and flying in all directions. The prettiest dimples and the darkest brown eyes.

She whirled around again but stopped when a butterfly passed her by. She shouted in glee as she ran behind the butterfly trying to catch it.

She ran and ran and then suddenly she fell off the cliff. Her scream filling the air around me.

she was gone.....

I woke up with a start. My face streaked with tears. Why did I keep getting these dreams? These dreams about the little girl who I did not know nor ever see. It was just a dream. I tried to keep telling myself that but unfortunately it seemed more like reality.

I wiped the tears off my face,trying to  shake off the dream. I wish that I had someone to hold on to, someone to comfort me.

Like most nights I tip-toed to Ashàr's room. Every kid finds comfort in their parents and I... I sought comfort in my son. Ashàr was my blanket of security. He was all I had and I held on to him tight.

I silently slid next to him on his bed and cuddled close to him taking his scent in. He was all I had and I simply couldn't lose him. My Ashàr was my life.  

I closed my eyes finding comfort at last and drifting off into nothingness forgetting everything about the nightmare I just had.

              ****************

My morning started like any other day. I went out for a jog and came home to make breakfast, After feeding Ashàr and getting him ready I made way to my car.

Just as I opened my garage my friend and neighbour Maya jogged towards me.

"Mownin" She said as she stood next to me clutching her side because of the slight jog. 

"Good Morning" I smiled.

"Give me a lift please,My car broke down and anyway isn't it better to car pool and save the fuel?" she gave me a cheeky grin and I rolled my eyes. Maya worked a couple of buildings away from me.

"Sure,get in." Maya slid into the passenger seat as she greeted Ashàr who was seated in the back seat. 

I noticed Maya's brother gazing at us ,I slid into the driving seat after sending a cordial smile his way.

"You know he likes you don't you?" Maya said as she too waved a goodbye to her brother.

"I really don't know why he even likes me,I'm always grumpy and being rude to everyone." I stated.

"Maybe it's coz he knows it really isn't you."

I looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"We know that you are not really the woman whom you want us to see you as. You have always been kind to me. The only time you are you is when you are with Ashár"

To this I had no reply. What could I say? That time had made me into the woman who I was today? That the once sporty and happy Amna was long lost?   

Avoiding her words I pressed on the accelerator and hit the road. After Dropping Ashàr at his play school I headed to my office. I dropped Maya off at her work place then drove into the basement of  Edward & co.

Edward&co were one of the most reputable builders in North America and I was proud to be the head architect.

I took the elevator to the third floor and made way to my office. My office wasn't very large but it was modern and spacious and was pretty bright. It was all I could ask for. After working for a couple of hours, I called Edna my p.a for a cup of black coffee. I lay my head back resting for a couple of seconds before a loud knock echoed through the room and a very hyper Edna came into the cabin without my coffee in hand.

I raised my eyebrow at her. She raised her eyebrow in return then she face palmed.

'I forgot your coffee.'

'Again...' I added with a smile.

'The gossip was so hot I couldn't wait to tell you.'

I shook my head in amusement at the thirty plus lady in front of me.

"We have a new CEO" Sbe chirped and I stood up in surprise. Nobody spoke about the company being taken over.

"Who is it?" I questioned.

"We have a meeting in ten minutes so that we can find out" She smirked.

I hurried to the conference hall were the meeting was being held.
It was a huge area with around a hundred chairs and was used only when important announcements  took place.

Entering I found that almost everyone were already seated in the chairs. I walked ahead were all the group leaders or heads had reserved seats and plopped down on the chair which had my name on it.

After greeting Mr.Collins next to me I looked curiously at the stage.

Mr.Edward stood on stage with a kind smile on his face. I had always taken a liking for the old man who had always reminded me of my dad and I would hate to say it but it depressed me that I  wouldn't get to see him anymore.

I heard Mr.Edward clear his throat and broke out of my reverie.

"Good afternoon my fellow employees,it's good to see you all in such a wonderful mood today. I know it sure lifted mine." He exclaimed and a series of chuckles went around the room.

"Yeah that's better now" He said looking at all the smiling faces.

"So I have an announcement to make. As you all know that I have been restricted from work from the past few months? " Everyone shook their heads grimly in response.

"Okey,now no need to sobre up like someone's dieing." He joked and the mood lifted up again.

"I have been planning to retire for a while and now is the perfect timing. I will cut the chase and let you knkw that I am stepping down from my chair and handing it over to my son." He smiled proudly at this.

"I introduce you all to Mr.Yousuf Edward. My son and the new CEO of Edward&Co. I assure you I leave you in good,capable hands and you will be guided by the very best. I now invite Mr. Yousuf to take over." Mr.Edward stelled down with a proud smile on his face.

The young man stood in the place of his father as he spoke into the mic. He definitely looked polished and had a heavy American accent which reminded me of Omar....

No, Omar was no one to me. I don't know anyone called Omar.

The man looked close to thirty-five,Had a broad physique, A slight stuble, Dirty blonde hair and was dressed in a perfectly fitting suit whic I had no doubt had costed a thousand dollars or more.

He looked pretty confident as he glanced across the room.

"Good Afternoon fellow companions. First of all I thank my father Mr.Edward for his kind words. I don't know if I deserve it but I will definitely try to walk in his footsteps. I am new to this and I wouldn't mind any help or suggestions. I hope we all have a successful year ahead. Get to know each other well and take steps towards more success."  He finished and a round of applause broke to the room and the meeting was dismissed.

I got up from my chair and was turning around when Mr.Edward called for me. I turned around with a plesant smile on my face.

"Ms.Amna I would like you to meet my son Yousuf...."

            **************