CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

When I started to believe that life was perfect for me it decided to give me a wrecking swerve on the road. A swerve I never thought that would ever be thrown my way but little did I know that the next few hours  would change my life.... would change me.

The day started exactly the way it had been starting for the last three  weeks. My eyes fluttered open to see Omar smiling lazily at me,His perfectly tousled hair... I don't know how messy hair can be perfect but it were, his black eyes radiating warmth and love. I gave him a smile of my own as I leaned in for my morning kiss.

'You know,No one has a right to look that gorgeous as soon as they wake up!" I retorted earning an amused smile from Omar.

"Well what can I say,I have to keep up with my wife's good looks". He said showing off his dimples.

I smiled as I got off from bed and headed to my room through the connecting door.

"Omar don't forget to see the presentation I made." I shouted out.

"No way can I forget." He shouted back. 

As usual I got dressed and met Omar on the roof garden for breakfast. 
Omar read his newspapers as I took in the beautiful view in front of me.  It was a splendid morning.  

I was supposed to go to the main land today for the last fitting of my bridal gown. There were only two days left for the big day and the designer was going crazy because apparently I had gained a little weight.

I rolled my eyes at this. I must have only increased by an inch or so,I didn't see what the big deal was about.

Omar for once didn't control the speed boat and left it to one of his men as he sat beside me attending to a few calls. As soon as we reached the dock Omar helped me out and we made our way outside. Omar's security guards following us.

Omar kissed me on my forehead as we departed with smiles. Him towards his pick up and me towards mine.

I headed towards Al hana centre where my designer was hired. She was a lebanon and was one of the top five designers in Dubai. I  headed to Dar Sara  where I met Joumana Al Hayek as I had guessed she started fretting over a few alterations. She was a friendly woman and The wife of one of Omar's friend so Omar introduced me to Joumana who I trusted with my wedding dress and let's just say she hadn't disappointed me in any way. The white dress was beautiful with Irish lace and pearls and it still covered me very modestly just the way I wanted even though I knew that no man or boy would enter the ladies wing I still didn't want to wear something off shoulder or what Joumana first showed me.

It took me an hour before I headed out of the place. I had nothing else to do so I walked towards my car when I saw someone familiar at an open cafe. I stood still as I stared at the man a few feet away from me. I didn't realise when my legs carried me towards him but within a few moments I was standing awkwardly in front of him.

The brown haired guy lifted his head to look who had interrupted him,as soon as his green eyes fell on me his jaw dropped.

It had been years since I saw him yet he looked the same.

"Amna?" He opened and closed his mouth like a fish unable to get his words out.

A tiny tear slipped from my eye as I looked at him all my past memories occupied me. Of us playing together ,of us messing around,Us climbing trees and all those times we were upto mischeif but I couldn't forget or forgive that he had abondoned me.

I was going to turn around when he caught my wrist.

"Amna... I... What are you doing here?" He questioned.