CHAPTER EIGHT

Warning: Short chapter (sorry/busy)

The house was amazing.

It wasn't too big nor too small, the perfect size. It had five bedrooms, a study, a living room, three halls and a huge indoor swimming pool with its very on Jacuzzi looking out at the sea.

The villa was lavishly and elegantly designed but pretty comfortable and homely. The little island consisted of ten acres all belonging to Omar. Helpers lived on the same island which consisted of around seven families.

Omar was once again behaving like an old friend as I tried to behave as stiff as possible, but the tour of the house made me occasionally awe in surprise, so I could say - I 'tried' to be stiff, which failed horribly.

Omar was excited to show me around the island and had called a buggy which was presently waiting for us outside. I had a round of yawns and Omar decided that the tour could wait another day.

It was dinner time and I tried as much as I could to ignore Omar, Finally he sighed and put his cutlery down.

"I know you hate me okay? but could you please try to stop making it so obvious in front of the workers?"

I massaged my fingers as I asked him the question I wanted to ask for so long.

"Why did you marry me?"

Lots of emotions crossed his face, he seemed like he was contemplating whether to answer honestly or not. After a few seconds he looked down at his plate.

"I don't know"

"You don't know why you married me even though you could have easily bailed my father out without doing so?", I said with barely restrained anger.

He gave me a blank look, all his emotions bottled up inside.

"You ruined my life. You took away everything I had! Everything I have ever wanted! My wedding-  The most important day of my life was supposed to take place with the person I love. It was supposed to be my most memorable day!"

I don't know where the anger was coming from since I knew how to control my emotions really well, but this time I my mouth decided to let my emotions flow. Tears fell down my face as I looked at him in disdain.

"You ruined my chances of ever falling in love- of ever finding the guy that I wanted to marry. Do you have any kindness in your heart at all? Or are you just a spoiled Sheikh who wants everything he likes?"

His eyes widened a bit and guilt passed through his eyes as his hands clenched into fists again and again, yet he didn't give an answer.

Tears started overflowing and I blamed all these emotions on my tiredness due to jet lag.

When I knew I wouldn't get an answer from him I threw the napkin on the plate, not feeling hungry anymore, running to the room where I would be sleeping.

I locked the door to Omar's room which was connected with mine, and fell in the bed crying and weeping. If only wealth would have made me happy, I would have been the happiest girl now, but all I wanted was love which was pure and white as snow- Love which I would never get a chance to know.

I had fallen asleep on the couch in the room while crying, my heavy eyelids didn't want to open as I felt a swaying motion and felt the comfort of the soft bed, I opened my eyes by a little and saw a tall figure removing my shoes and covering me with a comforter.

'Stupid dreams', I thought as I felt myself falling sleep once again.

The next morning I woke up around eleven p.m. and found myself in bed with the comforter over me. How I got here was beyond my mind, as the last thing I remembered was crying myself to sleep on the couch. Loud noises came from the hall downstairs and I found myself following the noises into another room.

A middle aged lady stood in the middle of the room.

"This is how I find out?", She said as she threw a few tabloids on the table.

Omar bent as he picked up one of  the papers.

"I can explain", He said in a meek voice.

"I don't want to hear anything Omar! Ma hatha? (What is this?)", she said pointing at the papers.

"You are Motazwij (A married man) and you didn't think your Ab(Dad)or your Um(Mother) needed to know?"

After this they started to argue in Arabic and everything went over my head.

"Where is she?" She said speaking in English again.

"Where is kinna? (Daughter-in -law)" She inquired, and Omar responded to his mother by nodding his head to the direction I was standing in. How did he know I was here? He had not even looked at my direction once. 

The woman raised her head to look at me as I staggered a few steps backwards, and my shoes decided that they didn't want to support my balance after all!

               *******************

EDITED by h00dies